Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barons hall estate commitee meeting tonite

Options
  • 12-04-2006 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

anyone living in barons hall , balbriggan on this site ??

There is a meeting of the residents commitee tonight in the new prefab school near dunnes stores at eight tonight.

the commitee would like feedback on any issues residents have about the estate i.e. lack of green areas , traffic management, management fees etc

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Are there many residents associations in there?

By all the signs up on the moylaragh road I presume they have one:)
    Martello Towers has one.

There maybe a few issues it might be worth them getting in contact about

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

not too sure how many associations are active there is
    martello tower
    moylaragh
    brackenwood
    baron hall
    chieftans way
    trimblestown
    bremore castle
    castle mill
    to name but a few estates up in "lego land"

something will have to be done about the hgvs driving up and down the road i am on , (hamlet avenue) they are for ever getting stuck because they take the wrong turn as they try to negotiate the narrow roads.

I saw all the signs on moylaragh this morning , fair play to them for being so active about it.

hopefully the meeting tonight shall help our estate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

best of luck with this meeting.

i think something needs to be done around that area of Balbriggan.

Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sgarvan wrote:
    i think something needs to be done around that area of Balbriggan.

Agreed, and it involves either bulldozers or a large fence with no gates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

if they do turn it in to a cul de sac, Martello towers is closed off to the world until we get the new road for motorway access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

Sorry for delay in responding , but :

30 members turned up and it was quite informative , the builder transferred the management company (name) to an agent (the management company)
    they then foisted management charges on the new householders for the upkeep of open spaces, public lighting, and public liability insurance among other services.

The management company have not actively done anything to the area except invoice and sent threatening letters ( which states that the owner now owes 35€ interest for not paying on time) to house owners for fees

the committee gave a number of proposals :

A) pay up and form our own management company (this cannot work , why should a new luxury house in malahide escape fees while the people stepping on the property ladder mostly for the first time continue to pay) It also will not work because when the builder gave the MC to the agent they kept a large number of shares in the MC to stop residents from taking over.

B) refuse to pay and go through the courts ....see http://www.indymedia.ie/article/74573
    "Outrageously, the developers of Tyrrelstown estate (Dublin 15) who have made massive profits from householders are now dragging the very people who made these profits for them to court to try and force them to pay management fees."

c)Amalgamate with the rest of the estate's around the area i.e chieftans, moylaragh etc meet with local tds and fingal coco in the next 2/3 weeks to demand a resolution to this new burden foisted on hard-pressed taxpayers

Sorry for the rant .. if anyone needs the e mail address for barons hall res committee Ipm and i will supply

tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blobbio

I live in Barons hall, and the area is currently being marked for car parking spaces. You will all be glad to hear that at first they were going to put down the original house numbers on the car parking spots?

But as a lot of you may know the house numbers where changed by the county council. So my friend who is also living in Barons Hall rang the builders head office after he complained.

It now seems that the builder has talked to the painter and they are going to paint the site numbers on them instead. So you will have to check your contract for your parking spot and also its reference number. Your house could be no 20 but your reference number could be 154????

Had a good old row with the management company and refused to pay the full amount due to that they havent actually done anything so i informed them i was paying less €200 for the work that we did to the area ourselves. Heard nothing back since and had sent in the cheque.

Advertisement