Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Rialto Dublin 8

• 12-04-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Is anyone using IBB's breeze service around the rialto area, can you let me know if its any use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

I've no experience of Breeze, but IBB have always been hit and miss (there are plenty of unhappy IBB customers on boards). Is there anything stopping you from getting Smart BB? €35/month total for their basic 3Mb/256Kb service.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

I was just checking that out. Only problem is I don't have a phone line. Will they install one?
    And it says line rental is only free for the first 100,000 customers, whats line rental like normally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

My friend lives very close to you, along the canal in Crumlin, and his IBB Breeze is absolutley abysmal. I cannot say this strongly enough...
    If you live in this area DO NOT go for IBB Breeze.
    His speeds are about 25% of what it should be almost all of the time

i.e. he should be getting 50Kb a second and he gets about 10-20 on average, sometimes drops to slower than dialup.

I have ran tests on several occasions from his connection to www.irishisptest.com/myspeed and this verifies what I said.

That's my 2cents anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

Sean^DCT4 wrote:
    My friend lives very close to you, along the canal in Crumlin, and his IBB Breeze is absolutley abysmal. I cannot say this strongly enough...
    If you live in this area DO NOT go for IBB Breeze.
    His speeds are about 25% of what it should be almost all of the time

i.e. he should be getting 50Kb a second and he gets about 10-20 on average, sometimes drops to slower than dialup.

I have ran tests on several occasions from his connection to www.irishisptest.com/myspeed and this verifies what I said.

That's my 2cents anyways.

Thanks, I was thinking about gambling with IBB cause I hear reports that some ares its not so bad, but that settles it.
    I never realised how hard it was to get broadband here! Its a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

underpants wrote:
    I was just checking that out. Only problem is I don't have a phone line. Will they install one?
    And it says line rental is only free for the first 100,000 customers, whats line rental like normally?
    Everyone gets the free line rental. If you have an unconnected line already physically running into your home, Eircom will connect you for free (just don't tell them you are going to move straight to Smart). Smart might even be able to arrange the connection (phone them and ask), but Eircom may charge for the connection in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

underpants wrote:

And luckily you are on the Dolphin's Barn exchange (presumably!) so off you go:) 35 euros a month and you are flying!!!!!!!!:D

Advertisement