Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Tax

Options
  • 12-04-2006 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Can you tax a new car online or do you have to go into the tax office

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I taxed my new car online a few weeks ago.
    you need the last six digits of your chassis number and your insurance policy number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It can be done online www.motortax.ie you will need the pin number on the renewal form and a credit card.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

beruth was it via the motor tax site? mike is a new car so not a renewal

blahblah06 wrote:
    beruth was it via the motor tax site? mike is a new car so not a renewal

ya, motor tax site.
    if it's a spanky new car, how come the garage didn't give you the details on how to apply online?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think when you tax a vehicle for the first time you can't do it online. Only for renewals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Go to www.motortax.ie website. Scroll down to end of page and put in your new car registration no and the last six digits of your chassis no which would have been given to you with your documents by your dealer on receipt of your new car. Ive only recently taxed my new car on it and the hubbies. Got disks within 3 days. So much handier than going to tax office.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike is a new car so not a renewal

Oops! (I've never owned a new car! :o )

Mike.

cheers guys. i just noticed it says it must be taxed day afetr reg online but its been two weeks now.. guess ill have to go in feck it anyway

U will just be back taxed. I left my hubbies for nearly 3 weeks before i taxed his online as i was waiting for his new insurance policy disk.

Stephen wrote:
    I think when you tax a vehicle for the first time you can't do it online. Only for renewals.

not true stephen, I taxed my new car online, disc arrived 3 days later

• Advertisement

ah ye i got charged 29 euro for arrears or sumthing but still better then going into the tax office. nice one guys and WOMEN....

And Girls!!!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement