Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first website

Options
  • 12-04-2006 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey. I was hoping afew of you could take a look at my first website I did for a DJ company. How much do you think a site like this is worth. I would like to change the php form on it and am currently working on learning php for myself.

www.prodjs.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

Dmtiling wrote:
    Hey. I was hoping afew of you could take a look at my first website I did for a DJ company. How much do you think a site like this is worth. I would like to change the php form on it and am currently working on learning php for myself.

www.prodjs.ie

Get rid of the splash screen.
    Check it in Firefox. If you click on the weddings link, all of the text flashes which is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dmtiling

I don't like the splash screen either but the guys at prodj's wanted that in. How do I check it in firefox??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Dmtiling wrote:
    How do I check it in firefox??

Eh download it and open your site in it. I think bar the usual annoying flash intro., which in fairness is pretty typical of those hip DJ folks, the site will probably serve it's purpose pretty well. I could nit pick but then the list of songs reminds me of how sad I've always thought alot of DJs are. So in pity I will not nit pick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭jjmax

I'm not sure how effective this is at reducing spam to your email account, but you can encrypt the mailto: link at this site -
    http://www.seoconsultants.com/tools/email/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

That flash thing at the top is the most annoying thing I've seen in a while, I'm afraid. It makes my eyes hurt. And no-one has splash screens anymore. They weren't a good idea when people started doing them and they're not a good idea now.

• Advertisement

Thanx for the replies. I originally had just a logo at the top of the page but they insisted on the crapy flash on every page.

Could someone please point me to a good tutorial site for creating website with alot of php stuff.

Thanx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Dmtiling wrote:
    Thanx for the replies. I originally had just a logo at the top of the page but they insisted on the crapy flash on every page.

Could someone please point me to a good tutorial site for creating website with alot of php stuff.

Thanx.

If you're only learning PHP, you DON'T want to be using it on an actual client's site. Best get used to it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Dmtiling wrote:

Thanx.

these can help...

http://uk2.php.net/tut.php

http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutorial-yank.php

Thanx for the links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Dmtiling wrote:

www.prodjs.ie

It's grand! To the point and fast loading.

The only criticism I have is that the non-flash stuff is a bit "boring" looking, and the flash stuff is very futuristic/etc. Clashes a little bit. But it's an extremely minor issue really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mrtee

Not much wrong with it in point of view. Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

The text is flashing on the weddings page. I certainly hope that wasn't intentional, although it only seems to happen in FireFox.

Edit: Remove the bold line from your HTML and that will fix it:
    body,td,th {
    	font-family: tahoma;
    	font-size: 12px;
    	color: #414141;
    	[b]text-decoration: blink;[/b]
    }

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The songs on the First Song page are all underlined. Why?
    Underlining is generally understood to mean a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

the flash screen is loud and in my face

could be a good thing AND bad thing

but really and truly

put the enter website link ABOVE the flash box, i was waiting for it to finish and load, which it didnt because the enter site link was off my screen view i had to scroll to it

15" laptop screen
    1024 x 768 resolution

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

the flash doesn't suit the website at all.
    Flash shouldn't make any noise either unless asked. Beep beep noises are annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

flash isnt 'crappy' unless you make it crappy. 99% sure thats a downloaded premade flash template animation, so how about learning to make your own?

Advertisement