Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New cars are dangerous?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Vegeta wrote:
    I think the black surround is like go faster windows, no real use is it
    SOME of use use darkened rear windows in commericals so noobs dont see what in rear ,like work gear etc,as for rest ,dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have to use a van everyday, bar the weekends really, and with the back two panels blanked out, its a bitch to park in certain locations. Also a terrible blind spot when you are reversing out of car spaces, your head is nearly over the wheel to see if any car or some person is heading your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I can agree with Mike on the Xsara, the facelifted even more so, The rear visibility below 4 feet is crap. However the visibility in My 00 Corsa is great and whatever car you drive you eventually become able to tell exactly where the arse ends (well I have good perceptual skills I think the DAT test said). The purpose of the rear view is more to watch traffic approaching from behind. I use the wings more for parking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sparky-s wrote:
    I have to use a van everyday, bar the weekends really, and with the back two panels blanked out, its a bitch to park in certain locations. Also a terrible blind spot when you are reversing out of car spaces, your head is nearly over the wheel to see if any car or some person is heading your way.

I use a van (Scudo) in my job and strangly I find it easier to park (including reverse parallel style) than a car.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

BrianD3 wrote:
    Yeah older cars generally have much better visibility. I drove a BMW 3 series E30 a couple of years back and it was a joy for visibility with very thin pillars, large glass area and a square, low shape which meant that you could see every inch of the bonnet and boot.

I was just thinking the same thing! A blind geriatric nun could park my E30 with ease... it's a nice aspect to the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Andy_R

I have a new Civic and the rear visibility is dire but the wing mirrors are huge which almost makes up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

mike65 wrote:
    I use a van (Scudo) in my job and strangly I find it easier to park (including reverse parallel style) than a car.

Mike.

Ditto. I drive various large trucks, and every since I started off in a (relatively) small Transit. I find it impossible to park with the head over the shoulder routine. I find it cumbersome, awkward, and unsafe to a degree (as you can't quickly alternate between front and rear views).

It looks n00b too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Mines a 206 car/van, but I must say I use my mirrors nearly all the time, but its the reversing out of spaces that the arse. :D

Advertisement