Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will you be joining?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Go to the Ha'penny a lot. Prefer the vibe there to that in the Inter. Was O'Keefe MCing?

Is he the guy who looks like pete doherty??
    Was quite embarrasing cos I was on a date and of course the mc totally latched on to us and was asking really embarrasing question...v.embarrasing for a first date:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Archaelogy is a great society, although it's blatently obvious we love doyles and tea far too much. But excitement is ahoy the hoodies have arrived.

I'd totally recommend archaeology to anyone, great people, great craic, and i haven't a clue about it but it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

panda100 wrote:
    Is he the guy who looks like pete doherty??
    Was quite embarrasing cos I was on a date and of course the mc totally latched on to us and was asking really embarrasing question...v.embarrasing for a first date:D

That'd be him. Yeah not an evening of comedy has gone by where some unlucky couple has had the utter piss ripped out of them. Always most amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Nothing!

*does the finishing college dance*
    *Joins Peachy in said dance* - After this May I'll have no more exams for ever and ever and ever and ever....That said I will of course be joining the Ninjutsu club again next year :D

That'd be him. Yeah not an evening of comedy has gone by where some unlucky couple has had the utter piss ripped out of them. Always most amusing.
    Not when your said couple:D Was quite funny when he asked if we were together.And I said no and the bloke I was on the date with said yes....much embarrasment followed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

cringe-meister :o

(btw, pandapandapandashow, reply to my thread if ya get a chance :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51198856#post51198856)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

panda100 wrote:
    Not when your said couple:D Was quite funny when he asked if we were together.And I said no and the bloke I was on the date with said yes....much embarrasment followed.

Happens a lot.

Best was the bloke who couldn't remember how long they'd been together.

Or the lesbian who was accused of beating her girlfriend. Though that was in the Inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

LawSoc
    B&L
    Comedy Soc (Yet to decide whether I'll be a committee member next year again, like hullaballoo.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I'll be on Erasmus for the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

apathy soc for me. whether i join or not , i couldnt care less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ultimate Frisbee Club
    Comedy soc - though it was **** this year
    History Soc, went to see David Norris this year and he rocked!
    DutchSoc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Stay away from pokersoc. Total joke. Terriblely run tournaments, horrible house rake and just plain bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I didn't get a chance to get involved in any of the socs I joined this year er since I haven't really been out on campus at all this year. Of the ones I did join Archaeology Soc and Gamesoc seemed active but the others just vanished into thin air literally. Oh well since I've pretty much given up on social interaction with people in this college I can't see myself bothering joining anything next year.

eh...... that's the spirit!

BTW, would 'Region soc' or something similar (different name) be a good idea do ye think? It would organise events and get-togethers for people from different areas. For example, there'd be a few D4 events obviously, and then there'd maybe be some 'South-West' events (that'd include Tallaght ;)), and some 'Northside' events, and so on. Then people could get to know others who live in their area, and go to UCD!

Just an idea, Zane reminded me about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm the newly-elected chair of YFG in UCD, so I suppose I'll be joining that.
    L&H since boyf is on committee there. Not much else
    Well maybe:
    Maths Soc
    A&F Soc
    too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DaveMcG wrote:
    BTW, would 'Region soc' or something similar (different name) be a good idea do ye think? It would organise events and get-togethers for people from different areas. For example, there'd be a few D4 events obviously, and then there'd maybe be some 'South-West' events (that'd include Tallaght ;)), and some 'Northside' events, and so on. Then people could get to know others who live in their area, and go to UCD!

Just an idea, Zane reminded me about it...

Northside Soc would be the shizz. We could go knacker drinking in Herbert Park and then go joy riding around in BMWs in Donnybrook. Our daily lives brought to D4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I didn't get a chance to get involved in any of the socs I joined this year er since I haven't really been out on campus at all this year. Of the ones I did join Archaeology Soc and Gamesoc seemed active but the others just vanished into thin air literally. Oh well since I've pretty much given up on social interaction with people in this college I can't see myself bothering joining anything next year.

You're in the Rifle Club right? C'mon down with me next week and we'll have great craic shooting stuff :D

Northside Soc would be the shizz. We could go knacker drinking in Herbert Park and then go joy riding around in BMWs in Donnybrook. Our daily lives brought to D4!

Exactimundo.

Then there'd be events for 'country folk', like Scraggs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

DaveMcG wrote:
    1. Mountaineering club
    2. Dunno what else! can't remember what there is :p

I'll defo be more active in any clubs or socs I join next year... Didn't do a thing with any I joined this year. bleh

There's a mountaineering club? :cool: I never knew. I might just have to join that next year so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pythia wrote:
    A&F Soc too.
    Abercrombie & Fitch Society? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

WhitePower Soc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

what about........tardsoc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

ELS (obviously) - if I get the MA I may be on committee again. That'll make 4 years running. Wahey, eh?
    Archaeology. 'Cos they gave my lunchbox back.
    Whatever else takes my fancy as I wander around. Probably the usual... LawSoc, DramSoc, L&H, RetroSoc, JazzSoc, PhilSoc, PaganSoc, LGBT, TradSoc, eh... maybe some others as well... I'm such a ho for joining societies. Every year I tell myself I'll only join one or two. Then EngSoc offer us free boxes of donuts when they're going home in the evening, and I get sucked in all over again... *sighs*

There are birds chirping outside. That's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

PhilSoc (I'm now the longest standing committee member, lol... on the plus side it maens I've finally trained someone else up to make the coffee)

DramSoc

... might leave it at that, won't have a lot of free time next year.

PaulDoh wrote:
    There's a mountaineering club? :cool: I never knew. I might just have to join that next year so.
    I'll see you there :p I think it's €20 to join, which is a bit steep (eh, eh, eh, eh!), but hopefully it's worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

DaveMcG wrote:
    Exactimundo.

*wishes it to be known that she too is country folk....the best kind*

elmyra wrote:
    *wishes it to be known that she too is country folk....the best kind*

We already have ag soc for us country folk-ag soc is coool-actually il add that to my list to join!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

DaveMcG wrote:
    I thought thats what AgSoc was all about:p

EDIT/ oops both Panda and Elmyra got there before me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Archaelogy is a great society, although it's blatently obvious we love doyles and tea far too much. But excitement is ahoy the hoodies have arrived.

I'd totally recommend archaeology to anyone, great people, great craic, and i haven't a clue about it but it doesn't matter.

Well done... collect the brown envelope on tuesday!! :D

We also go to the Porterhouse a lot... and Hartigans... and Mulligans, in fact, we go to pubs... archaeologically important ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Kinda sounds like World Aid, we go on tour to Wexford to save the world :D

Advertisement