Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Tan for Pale Skin & Spray on Tights

• 12-04-2006 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Ok the whole fake tan thing I know has been discussed an awful lot.

I'm looking for a good fake tan that it easy to apply and looks good on very pale skin? St Tropez I find washes off too quickly and becomes patchy even when patted dry.

Fake Bake I find just too hard to apply.

No7 the colour just didnt suit.

PLEASE HELP BIG NIGHT COMING UP!!!

Also would like info it anyone has tried the spray on tights? Are they any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

L'oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Gel, Tinted - applied with a tanning glove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

K will pick that up today, is it easy to apply? I've never used a gel before does it absorb pretty quickly?

Oh and is there different shades or is there just a standard one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Gels take longer to dry than say mousses but it gives a better colour if using it on your legs.
    Also check out Lancaster tanning products. They are a really good tanning range. Giving you a nice tan without looking orange! (really!!!:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What are spray on tights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

Caryatnid wrote:
    L'oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Gel, Tinted - applied with a tanning glove.
    I second this one, its the only one I can use that comes up in a nice even colour and has the added bonus that its the only one I dont take a reaction to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Johnson's Holiday Skin do a fair version too, it's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Get a light Sunshimmer; at least it washes off and it's always great for a night out...matte though....always matte....one is not a stripper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Nickibaby* wrote:
    K will pick that up today, is it easy to apply? I've never used a gel before does it absorb pretty quickly?

Oh and is there different shades or is there just a standard one

I'm real pale skinned and that's exactly what I use. It's really easy to use. Even though it says gel on the packet, it's not really gel-like. Quite creamy. It absorbs immediately, you can get dressed pretty much straight away after applying. (Although as with all fake tans always better to but on the day before/a few hours before).Quite creamy. And as someone else said, great for sensitive skin.
    And if you don't manage to get the gloves - make sure you wash your hands really well afterwards, ok? If you just rinse them you'll find brown between your fingers later on.....not cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I'm a nurse so i always nick the gloves for my fake tan from work :D think it's the only perk of the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I find the Garnier Ambre Solaire Spray on tan is the best for me. It comes in a Light colour or the original, which is a bit darker.

Its really handy as there is not much rubbing in to do, its easy to get the back of your legs to and if you bend forward and do a quick skoosh of a spray over your shoulders then thats your back done too.

Oh and I got a trial size of the Sally Hanson Spray on Tights, its ok, im not mad about it as its a bit difficult and it came out of the can really fast. But it does stay on all day/evening, but if you got caught in the rain i would imagine a streaky mess...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pale = Win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pale = Win.
    It's true, so very true.

Anyway, hope you get something that is somehow half decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

orla wrote:
    What are spray on tights?
    I think the name says it all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Spray on tights: http://www.tightsplease.co.uk/epages/tightsplease.storefront/443daaac0007f25e273f0a0204010540/Product/View/NLSPRAY&2D1

Strange!

Has anyone tried them? They seem a bit... gross tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

God, of all the weird things people come up with. Spray-on tights? What good are they supposed to be? How does spending €30 on a can of chemicals give you "sophisticated legs without hosiery"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Im very very pale i.e dont tan and would never use ambre solaire-its far too dark.I have used every fake tan and these are the best:

If its for a big night and you want to look amazingly well for the one night and dont mind being patchy for the next week then I would definatly go for the st tropez.

Spray on Tans that u get in beauty salons are the bizz but pricey.

I always use soltan Boots tan in light.If you apply two coats of this it will last,wont streak and is really the best for plae skins.

I have sally Hansen Spray on tights-they are amazing.They look like tights but u can wear sandle or flip flop style shoes with them....would definatly reccomed the sally hansen one.Its not messy and very easy to apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Pale = Win.

Good news for me! ;) I'm Irish. I have Irish skin (ridiculously pale). It's just too much time and effort to change, plus this way I stand out. :p

Whatever you do, try not to look orange. please. =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I dig my pale arms and face but no one can ever get away with pale legs-it just looks horrible and this is why I use fake tan.pasty legs just can never look good.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I use Johnson's holiday skin to combat this problem, there's very little chance of ending up orange with it and it means my legs don't look completely unnatural next to the paleness that is the rest of me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 face-the-phase

SALLY HANSEN- AIRBRUSH LEGS!!!
    ab. love this stuff makes legs look totally tanned n flawless great for summer!

£10 so i guess bout 15euro :) ( boots)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Og god i totally agree! How un-sexy is a pair of pale white legs with a dress?????? Seriously!

The L'Oreal Sublieme Bronze gel is great for legs, gives a very natural colour. Also Rimmel Wash off stuff is good, except if it rains!!

Instead of using a glove i find the the orange mitts you buy in the chemist (around €4.50) are excellent. They apply the product so much more evenly than gloves and they can put thrown in washine machine and re-used again and again!!

Advertisement