Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delete post

Options
  • 12-04-2006 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

is it possible to delete a previous post - i dont seem to be able to edit previous posts either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It depends how long ago you posted them, I think there's around a 5 day limit (plus or minus a couple of days).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dezine

so you cannot do anything with them once tis time has passed??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nope
    you could PM the mod of that forum and perhaps, if s/he has time, they might help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Though personally I'd only be likely to bother if there was a particularly good reason.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Talliesin wrote:
    Though personally I'd only be likely to bother if there was a particularly good reason.

agreed
    otherwise you could spend half your day deleting posts...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dezine

just think u should be able to delete or edit previous posts - why does the time limit come into effect?? how long do posts stay on the system??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Posts stay forever. The reason behind the time limit is so say userx cant come along after starting many threads and posts over a period of time and then just say "Screw you" and delete the posts thus ruining alot of threads.

Advertisement