Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran's Nuclear Program

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

daveirl wrote:

America deserves everything that happens to them.
    I agree that there is a need to stop Iran acquiring nuclear bombs. This is a truly crazy regime which talks about wiping countries off the map. I agree with those who argue that Israel has nukes and the US is being hypocritical to a degree, but unlike Israel Iran could be a direct threat to the West. I also find it difficult to believe Iran that it (one of the world's top oil producers) is really only after nuclear power rather than weapons.

Sure why dont ya believe it oil isnt going to last forever?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Out of curiousity, is this only the case for the current Presidency, or do you extend that idea to all Americans of all eras?

NTM

Out of curiousity, is this only the case for the current Presidency, or do you extend that idea to all Americans of all eras?

NTM

America wants war the whole time then when something
    like 9/11 happens everyone comdemns it well dont get me
    wrong i dont think it was right i fell bad for people who
    died on the planes but not for the people in the pentagon.

Attacking Iran would just make more 9/11 suicide bombers
    do you not think so?

Your American do you think your country is right in what
    there doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Exactly joe.

Dave why does squaddy disgust you, in my view GW Bush isnt far behind Hitler.

• Advertisement

George Bush we know you
    your daddy was a killer too.

When America gets attacked again like
    9/11 or even worse who are people going
    to blame?

Willem D wrote:
    Exactly joe.

If you dont know the answer to that question, well thats sad really.

Well theres a statement and a half... :rolleyes:
    Are you incapable of distinguishing between people and a government?

Squaddy wrote:
    Lets hope they do produce nuclear weapens and blow up the real evil people - america!
    Lets not.
    Post any more rubbish like that here and you will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Earthman wrote:
    Well theres a statement and a half... :rolleyes:
    Are you incapable of distinguishing between people and a government?
    just like America distinguished between Saddam and the 100,000+ people who have died in the Iraq war?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

Akrasia wrote:
    just like America distinguished between Saddam and the 100,000+ people who have died in the Iraq war?

So you think that revenge is a good enough reason for MORE innocent people to be killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

So you think that revenge is a good enough reason for MORE innocent people to be killed?
    No, I'm against the war in Iraq, and I'm against a war in Iran, just like i'm against any attack Iran would ever make against America. (the difference is, that an attack by Iran against america is extremely unlikely, while an attack by america against Iran is probably a 50 50 chance

Akrasia wrote:
    Thats not what I'm getting at.
    I might not like Bertie Ahern for example.
    But I wont be wishing armageddon for members of the FF party...
    I wasnt a fan of Mrs Thatcher but didnt go woo hoo Gwan the IRA and blow them to pieces...
    Human rights abuses in China disgust me but I'm not advocating nuking the country.

I'll let you off to another thread if you want to discuss Iraq

So i take it Earthman you wouldnt care then if America
    went to Iran and killed 100,000 or whatever. You would be
    all for that wouldnt ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

Iran's state sponsored terrorism. Bombing of civilian targets as far away as Buenos Aires(assimilationist JEws by and large murdered). Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad are financially supported by Iran and under its control. These animals pioneered the suicide truck bomb. Now imagine a car with a nuclear weapon instead of a truck filled with fertiliser. And also the current Iranian president seems to be an "end of days" fanatic also who probably would encourage Armageddon rather than prevent it. I am worried about Iran not only having the bomb, but enough nuclear material to make a Western city uninhabitable with a dirty bomb.

Iran's state sponsored terrorism. Bombing of civilian targets as far away as Buenos Aires(assimilationist JEws by and large murdered). Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad are financially supported by Iran and under its control. These animals pioneered the suicide truck bomb. Now imagine a car with a nuclear weapon instead of a truck filled with fertiliser. And also the current Iranian president seems to be an "end of days" fanatic also who probably would encourage Armageddon rather than prevent it. I am worried about Iran not only having the bomb, but enough nuclear material to make a Western city uninhabitable with a dirty bomb.

sorry repost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

A Government declares war, a people go to war, and everyone dies !!

People fight a war pure and simple, they fight and they die. The fact is that if you are in the Armed forces and your commander in chief tell you to go somewhere and fight someone, you go somewhere and you fight someone. You don't question it, you just do it. "Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die",etc. So therefore if a Government/country go to war the soldiers/people fight who they are told to, that is there job, they may not like it, but they do it anyway. So therefore to a certain extent the soldiers are only doing their jobs and cannot be held responsible.

The general public/civilians vote the government into power "A government by the people, for the people" etc, so therefore we do bear some of the blame of what out government is doing as it was elected by us and are representing us. Obviously the government isn't voted into power by all of us, just the majority, but thats the joys of democracy for ya !!

So therefore to a certain extent a government and the people are one in the same. Well thats my opinion anyway !!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Fionnanc wrote:

Sure its supposed to be easy enough to buy
    stuff like that on the black market i never tried
    to buy it or anything but wasnt there alot
    of guys caught in Russia there were going to
    sell it to some group.

Sure if they wanted to bad enough what
    would stop them?

Suicide bombers started in Lebannon as far as
    im aware. When groups were attacking Isreali
    soliders they couldnt get them so started killing
    innocent people then they killed there people
    with suicide bombers.

There convinced there doing right nothing
    is right with killing innocent people but its there
    religion. You die for your country you go to
    heaven. Just like the hero's of this country
    believed when they were giving there lifes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

all for that wouldnt ya
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭blueshirt

mike65 wrote:
    Isreal don't pose a threat to Iran so I dont follow your logic there. Iran on the other hand has frequently said Isreal should even be allowed to exist.

Mike.
    Israel is the problem, without America they would have been wiped out years ago. They are a threat to middle east and world peace because America has given them nuclear weapons. America is the basket case, for allowing Jew money to dictate their foreign policy.

all for that wouldnt ya
    Do you even READ the posts on here or are your own blinkered posts just put there for the crack?
    I'd suggest you read other posts before replying to them here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Willem D wrote:
    Exactly joe.

:rolleyes: Bush may be right wing, rely on his lackies rather than Generals for advice and not consider International opinion/law when making decisions, but he's never started a war that resulted in the deaths of 62 million people or tried to exterminate an entire race.

blueshirt wrote:
    Israel is the problem, without America they would have been wiped out years ago.

Did America fight in the Israeli War of Independence, the Six Day War, the War of Attrition, The Yom Kippur War, The Lebbanon War, ..... I don't think so!

"Israel is the problem, without America they would have been wiped out years ago. They are a threat to middle east and world peace because America has given them nuclear weapons. America is the basket case, for allowing Jew money to dictate their foreign policy."

1)The 1948 WAR of Independence was Israel's most dangerous time. Both USA and USSR recognised Israel at the time but the Americans didn;t supply them with weapons. Weapons were smuggled into Israel through a British Blockade form EAstern Europe(mainly Czechslovakia a Soviet client state) while Britain supplied the ARAb countries with weapons and also provided the OFFicers and NCO's for the Transjordanian Army. So lightly armed Israeli's fought off heavy armour supported by aircraft. The first combat planes in the IAF wire Meschersmidt 109's(Nazi designed planes) made in Czechslovakia which while being a good aircraft in 1940 were hopefully outdated by '48.

2) Israel has two nuclear reactors. 1 small research reactor similar to one in Dublin used to produce radioisotopes for medical/industrial purposed supplied by the Americans in the 50's. At most could have produced enough fissile material for 1-2 nukes with this reactor.
    The Dimona breeder reacter which is used to make the nuclear material for Israel's 150+ nuke was supplied by those masters of fair play and openness, The French.
    In short Israeli's won there independence on their own resources and two America did not give them the bomb.
    Lastly American troops never assisted the Israeli directly, while thousands of Soviet troops manned the United Arab Republic's(google it) SAM network and airforces.

Fionnanc wrote:
    "Israel is the problem, without America they would have been wiped out years ago. They are a threat to middle east and world peace because America has given them nuclear weapons. America is the basket case, for allowing Jew money to dictate their foreign policy."

1)The 1948 WAR of Independence was Israel's most dangerous time. Both USA and USSR recognised Israel at the time but the Americans didn;t supply them with weapons. Weapons were smuggled into Israel through a British Blockade form EAstern Europe(mainly Czechslovakia a Soviet client state) while Britain supplied the ARAb countries with weapons and also provided the OFFicers and NCO's for the Transjordanian Army. So lightly armed Israeli's fought off heavy armour supported by aircraft. The first combat planes in the IAF wire Meschersmidt 109's(Nazi designed planes) made in Czechslovakia which while being a good aircraft in 1940 were hopefully outdated by '48.

2) Israel has two nuclear reactors. 1 small research reactor similar to one in Dublin used to produce radioisotopes for medical/industrial purposed supplied by the Americans in the 50's. At most could have produced enough fissile material for 1-2 nukes with this reactor.
    The Dimona breeder reacter which is used to make the nuclear material for Israel's 150+ nuke was supplied by those masters of fair play and openness, The French.
    In short Israeli's won there independence on their own resources and two America did not give them the bomb.
    Lastly American troops never assisted the Israeli directly, while thousands of Soviet troops manned the United Arab Republic's(google it) SAM network and airforces.

Exactley, during the War of Attrition/Yom Kippur War the Soviets were actually manning the SAM network themselves and engaging in aerial dogfights with Israeli fighters.

Plus the Americans were usually trying to stop the Israelis from fighting back against the terrorists or invading Lebonon, not encouraging them, never mind supporting them. They wanted the Isreali to let their people die while they constructed some new, democratic fantasy for Lebonan and the Middle East after the Lebonan War.

You gotta love the french and there determination to bring nuclear technology to the masses !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭blueshirt

Pazaz 21 wrote:
    Did America fight in the Israeli War of Independence, the Six Day War, the War of Attrition, The Yom Kippur War, The Lebbanon War, ..... I don't think so!
    In the 1973 war, Israel would have been defeated without an American emergency air lift of weapons and equipment. This is a fact.

Granted Operation Nickel Grass was an integral Operation to resupply the Isreali Army, the fact is that American troop never fought for Isreal in any conflict. The only reason the US were the one's supplying Israel is because the European countries were under threat of an oil embargo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

someone told me israel only exists to keep the jews in america happy.
    It doesn't make sense to me ,all the trouble the country causes and gets away with.

Advertisement