Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matlab

Options
  • 12-04-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hello everyone

i'm wondering is it possible write data directly to an ethernet frame from matlab. i have to take data from a simulation in matlab and transmit it over ethernet( there is no ip headers i'm only using mac address's) to a second pc using a cross over cable. on the second pc i'm to recover the data and it is then use by another matlab program. if this is not possible could someone please suggest how this could be done PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any help you can give

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I don't believe this function comes with Matlab although there could be toolbox out there that supports this function but Im nearly sure matlab doesn't provide it out of the box anyways.

You could create a little perl program that would run on the sending machine reading a text file. you could then write from matlab, your output to the text file. Let perl transmit the text file over and have another perl program listening for a connection to receive the text file. You can then have matlab on the rx read the text file in. You could create timestamp information in the file to detmine how long it took to tranmit across the cable if you need that calculation. To do this in perl would any require a few lines. no more than 10.

If you are trying to calculate BER or something else then this method wont work. What are you trying to achieve anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chapod21

Two programs where created in matlab. The first was to simulate noise sources in an area an the second program analysis’s the simulated source’s the second program is able to determine where the noise source is and various other things like it’s frequency and amplitude. Up in till now the noise simulation program ran and save it’s data in a number of *.dat files then the analysis’s program would take this data and analysis it and give information about the noise source. Now up in till now both programs have being on the same computer what I have to do is have the analysis program on one pc and the source program on an other. I then have to transmit the data from the source to the other pc to the analysis program.

Advertisement