Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pagerank

Options
  • 12-04-2006 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have a website for nearly two years now. It was always pagerank 0. But in the last month i noticed higher rankings in google. Next thing the pagerank for the homepage jumps to 4. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Mrtee wrote:
    I have a website for nearly two years now. It was always pagerank 0. But in the last month i noticed higher rankings in google. Next thing the pagerank for the homepage jumps to 4. Anyone else experience this?

have you added any new content/pages recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mrtee

Not really added much new content. Just changed around the pages a bit. Used to have roll over image links, now have text links. There's not much content at all. I did optimize it for certain words/phrases at christmas and got grat results from MSN and the like. It's quite a small website. As far as inbound links go, i have about 15, and google recognises about 1 or 2 of these. Each inbound link i have is not great. Their pageranks are around 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

PR4 is not abnormal for established websites.

It generally is based on incoming links, but I have a feeling Google awards older websites. I know some of my older, dead, no content websites have PR of 3 or 4...

What's your URL??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mrtee

Just thought it was strange that it jumped from 0 to 4. Is it hard to get from 4 to 5. Most of the similar websites (competitors) are up for years, have a few 4pr/5pr inbound links and are all about pr 4 themselves.
    I don't like posting the Url.

Also, i use the link: www.website.com search phrase when checking how many inbound links are recognised by google. I also use some software to check. Google only recognises 1 of them & it's a link farm. How come it doesn't recognise the rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Have a look at this website - http://www.sitereportcard.com - to see what they think of your website.

Also, check out some of the tools at http://www.seochat.com to see how your PR is at each Google server etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Hey I like the sitereportcard site

I entered in www.boards.ie and the result for load time was:

Load Time Check
    1/10
    Load Time: 85.02 seconds

Caught out boards, I'm dissapointed

Advertisement