Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Weekends opening hours (Library)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

hehehe I'm at this very moment stealing wireless from a neighbour in my mouldy student accommodation. I can only pick the signal up the odd time and when I do its great...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

irlrobins wrote:
    Ripwave is shit. End of.
    (Want more details?)

So.....what should I get?

Strays so off topic it's not even funny...sorry peachy, it is kinda relevant cos if I get broadband I wont care when the library's open and stuff.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

heres a nice thread (a couple of hundred posts) on the complaints about IBB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Well in fairness, unless u have a landline and are willing to pay a bit more for dsl then ripwave is prob ur only option. It is **** generally. works for some people, but a lot of people experience lack of connectivity or v slow speeds. Wouldn't go near it with a barge pole personally.

Try it for a month and see how you get on. Also know that it is not "wireless" so unless u have a wireless router you won't be able to share it to more than one PC.

Even with IBB's dsl you probably will still have a problem, as it needs an antenna on the roof, which your landlord/lady might not like

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote:
    Even with IBB's dsl
    ok you deserve to be kicked out of CSI for that comment. Call yourself a nerd???
    DSL is over a phoneline. All IBB's products use radio signals to connect to customer. :p

But yea Breeze (more expensive than Ripwave) requires an antenna on roof. I have it at home. Thankfully for me it works perfectly with 2mbps down and 2mbps up. Faster than most dsl connections. But I'm in the minority among IBB customers.

irlrobins wrote:
    ok you deserve to be kicked out of CSI for that comment. Call yourself a nerd???
    DSL is over a phoneline. All IBB's products use radio signals to connect to customer. :p

But yea Breeze (more expensive than Ripwave) requires an antenna on roof. I have it at home. Thankfully for me it works perfectly with 2mbps down and 2mbps up. Faster than most dsl connections. But I'm in the minority among IBB customers.

Um...well there's no phoneline and no the landlord probably wouldn't like an antenna on the roof so I'll give it a go....was kinda hoping it would be good speed given that I only live down the road from Irish Broadband.....God I'm like a luddite or something, I didn't know any of this

irlrobins wrote:
    Ah you knew what I meant! Besides, everybody can have a blond moment every so often.

elmyra wrote:
    I'll give it a go....
    Yea, u may be lucky and it works well for you. Just don't get ur hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Blowfish wrote:
    everybody can have a blond moment every so often.
    Word to that...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

**pets free, wireless connection**

You should drop Moriarty a PM Elmyra. He's quite good on that side of things (mod of the broadband forum and all that) and don't be put off by the sarky bastard act...he's a pet really.

Uhmmm, yea library...weekend.......meh who am I kidding :p Continue on good folk and I shall lock it when you let it die :)

**pets free, wireless connection**

You should drop Moriarty a PM Elmyra. He's quite good on that side of things (mod of the broadband forum and all that) and don't be put off by the sarky bastard act...he's a pet really.

Uhmmm, yea library...weekend.......meh who am I kidding :p Continue on good folk and I shall lock it when you let it die :)

Thanks Peachy, I will if I have any trouble with it. Arrived about an hour ago and so far seems to be fine and fast enough.

elmyra wrote:
    so far seems to be fine and fast enough.
    Yea!!!!:D :D

Advertisement