Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3: Ressurection Of Evil

Options
  • 12-04-2006 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I have just finished Doom 3. brilliant game! but I was a little dissapointed with CyberDemon. I wanted a longer battle (finished him on the 2nd try) I had a harder time with the Guardian.

Anyway, to anyone who owns/has played the Ressurection OF Evil, is it a good/better/worse game than Doom 3?

I have to say, I love the ending of Doom 3, more like a movie ending than anything else

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

its okay. only a few hours of gameplay, and the gravity gun/bullet time thing in it is gimmicky at best. barely any story, if you see it cheap, get it. its still fun tho. For some reaosn however it runs like a 3 legged dog, even if your pc ran D3 well, alot of ROE lags to feck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

it's boring to be honest, really boring, I loved doom 3, but RoE, really is pretty much the same, with double barrel and gravgun added.

and the final boss is crap too.

in fact it got so boring I lost my patience and used god cheats to finish it faster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

so it's not really worth it's salt then. ah I am on a Doom buzz at the minute, so I probably will pick it up and regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

if you don't want to spoil your doom experience, then don't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The double shotty isnt too shabby (ater the shambles of the Doom3 shotty, reminded me of halo), but the gravgun is a childish dig at HL2, not to mention it removed the need for all the other guns against most of the demons as you can grab their fireballs and fire them back at them and it usually kills them in 1 hit, you end up only using actual guns against pinkies, revenants and marines. Doom3 wasnt bad, I kind of enjoyed it, but RoE is a pretty lame effort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the Doom 3 shotgun was brilliant! I used it through most levels to reserve ammo for the other weapons for the later levels. it kills marines, Imps and other enemies whose names I don't know with one shot (point blank of course) but I loved the gun.

oh dear, I watched the film last night. that director is terrible! it was just Resident Evil in a different location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

RoE maybe wasn't as good as Doom 3 but I certainly found it as enjoyable to play through.

it's 7.99 Eur on play.com:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=spromo&page=title&r=PC&title=586184

Advertisement