Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skateboarding information

Options
  • 12-04-2006 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi, i arrived in ireland 2 months ago , i'm spanish and i went here to skate ,improve my english and earn some money...
    But, there isn't any decent skatepark anywhere...
    i'm actually living in Cork and i'm looking for all the good spots and skateshops in Ireland ,i would like to introduce here a spanish new brand so iif it's possible i would like to know all the places and skateshops of the country.
    i'm thinking about going in a few weeks to killarney or limmerik so can you reply me here listing the limmerik's and killarney's skateshops and spots???

thanks you very much and i hope we will take a ride together in a not very far future.

Jose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bastack

Hey there,

Welcome to Ireland! I hope you are having a good time! The best way to find the spots is to hook up with the skaters in your area. I am based in Dublin so I do not know any spots in the areas you are enquiring about. If you are up in Dublin let me know....

I hope you find the spots..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

just go to dublin , two skate parks , a couple shops, lotsa spots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

prospe wrote:
    i'm thinking about going in a few weeks to killarney can you reply me here listing killarney's skateshops and spots???

I'm not too familiar with Killarney, but from what I've seen it looks ok.
    Beside the main train station, there's a place called the ''Outlet Centre''. At the back of this shopping area there's some waxed up ledges, and a few stair sets (possibly a double 3 and a 5 but I'm not really sure) which have some nice handrails too.

There's also a few industrial business centres slightly away from the town centre, which also have some ledges and stairs and stuff, can't remember exactly where they are.

But also look around the town for a while, I've seen some other spots and I'm sure you might too. The town is full of hotels, many of which I'm sure would be good for skating. It's not a great place for skating, but it's pretty good.

As for a skateshop, I've only ever seen one near the town centre and near a café called ''JAM''. I don't think they actually sell skate decks, just stuff like clothes, wax, wheels, bearings, hardware, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

anyone ever skate the hilton in dublin it looks perfect for ledge skatin . there like a hubba, and some perfect box ledges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

hilton is nice but usally you get busted very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 prospe

thanks very much in advance guys, your help is very useful .
    sorry about my english i apologise ...i hope it is going to improve al along my stay.

i'm going to visit the whole ireland so if you want to post all the information you know about the skate movement in the country (skateshops,skateparks & spots) it would be ****ing great !

i would like to introduce a spanish brand which is growing very quickly and have skaters who ride very hard.So i need to know the most shops as possible.

thanks guys and i hope that we will do a great skate knowledge base for everyone.

i use to skate in Cork.
    great spots. south mall / the opera / stairs near the cathedral / shopping centre mahon point / the UCC / the CIT

shops : prime time in washington street
    tubes near the opera an the Tesco

thanks and regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Whats the brand called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

well you came to ireland at the right time theres loads of new skateparks being built now maradyke skatepark in cork and ballincollig skatepark in cork.newcastle indoor skatepark in county down, ramp city in dublin, lucan skatepark in dublin, blanchardstown skatepark in dublin,bushy skatepark in dublin, waterford skatepark, theres more in other parts of ireland but i dont know where.

wreckless skate shop in wexford,g1 in dublin,skatecity in dublin,lazy dog in dublin,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pawsome

Lazy dog? Wheres that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

http://lazydog.ie/

there you are pawsome, theyve got a mini ramp in store to try out your new deck too.

ye ive never been to lazy dog but ive heard its cool a mini ramp in the shop! doesnt get better than that theres supposed to be a roll in and ledge too

Advertisement