Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks on walls

Options
  • 12-04-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi,
    Last year i painted the hallway and already there are alot of marks from handprints to black marks from bags, i was wondering if anyone could recommend a cleaning solution that i can use to wash the walls with that wont fade the paint, i want to avoid painting the walls again if possible.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

You have done well getting away with a year after painting walls.Im sure you probably painted walls with a Matt finish,this kind of finish is not good if you wanted to wipe it when it becomes dirty.

Im afraid that any kind of cleaning solution will mark walls after trying to wash off handprints etc.Your best bet is to either touch it up with the same paint you used or repaint with a washable finish.

And even with a washable paint it can only take a light washing if it gets marked....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stts

thanks mad m, i have paint left over so i guess i will just have to paint over the marks.

Advertisement