Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct Testers

Options
  • 12-04-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Car passed it's NCT today. Hoorah.:)

Just wondered what qualifications are needed to be an NCT tester ? Are they technicians or mechanics ?

The guy who tested my car to-day was a non national. He gave me a lot of interesting and helpful information on a few technical matters. It occurred to me afterwards that this guy was probably a mechanic in his home country as I have never encountered anyone at the NCT who was so knowledgeable and helpful !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

You got lucky, all the ones I have experienced have been rude and possesed the shared ability of not speaking decent Engish. One had to get his supervisor who then POINTED at the wheel that had caused the failure as neither of them could explain.

But, like the NCT itself, it's a lottery. I'd imagine if you can prove you were a mechanic, you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The guys that performed my NCT last month were grand. They were polite and helpful... and though non-national, spoke english.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Stephen wrote:
    The guys that performed my NCT last month were grand. They were polite and helpful... and though non-national, spoke english.

Thanks for the flowers....and yes, you have to be a fully qualified mechanic to get job, and yes the company really checks that out.....

Advertisement