Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going bald

Options
  • 12-04-2006 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭

I parked up my van yesterday, seen this:

DSC00196.jpg

Same story with the other tyres. There was a baby seat in the back seats aswell..... how can ppl be so dumb, their like slicks ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Holy crap! That's nuts!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Goung Bald???

Homer simpson has more thread on his noggin!!:D

Thats a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You'd be doing them a favour if you put a screwdriver through the sidewall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought this was a Personal Issues thread!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Not to be too sexist but it was probably a woman driver. Very few women check their tyres.

Out of interest, how often to you check your tyres?
    Usually about every 2-3 weeks for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

prob should have left a note!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I saw a porsche Cayenne in Newlands cross last November and the front tyres were down to the metal, I still can't get my head around it?!?

maybe they couldn't afford new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

mike65 wrote:
    I thought this was a Personal Issues thread!

Mike.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Parked up beside an '05 E-class Merc at a garden centre at the weekend with exactly the same thing. It boggles the mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Scary.....you can be as responsible and careful with your own car but that still doesn't mean you're safe on the road when other road users are going around like that.....
    Imagine that car trying to break from 120kph on a motorway with a full load and it lashin rain...not a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

not just bald, but down to the canvas too!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Thats just insane!! as Anan1 said, slashing one of the tyres might at least mean someone from a tyre shop might tell them to cop on.

colm_mcm how can u not afford to put tyres on yer car, they are much more affordable then someones life!!! Also I always buy the best possible tyres, yer cars only contact with the road is tru the tyres, it's not something you want to skimp on!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

colm_mcm wrote:
    maybe they couldn't afford new ones

Then they shouldn't be driving as they likely won't be able to afford to bury their baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Also I always buy the best possible tyres, yer cars only contact with the road is tru the tyres, it's not something you want to skimp on!!!!!!

One should never cut corners on tyres or condoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

those wheels are not bald.theres loads of thread on them.just look carefully:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ando wrote:
    Same story with the other tyres. There was a baby seat in the back seats aswell

Shocking :(

Someone on an empty M1 doing 130km/h at 03:00 in the morning: 2 penalty points

Someone on tyres so badly worn that it is very likely an accident is going to happen: no penalty points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There is a bike parked regularly on Hawkins St. and the front tyre is worn down like a slick, i think it originally had some sort of thread.

Whatever about driving a car with 4 wheels and one of them is worn, but driving a bike with little or no rubber on the front is complete suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The driver/owner of that car should be done for wreckless driving - Ando I guessing its a focus? What year is it? Was it NCT'd I wonder!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    How can people do this????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I saw a tow-truck with tyres like that in Woodies but what struck me was there was NOTHING I could do about it.
    Tell the Gardai? What the hell are they going to do, chase him down? Get his local station to check it out? Would they hell.....

How about this...a website where people can post bad behaviour, dangerous cars, bald tyres, broken lights, fog lamps on etc.
    So you see someone driving with no brake lights whatsoever and you log on to this website and post their reg and the problem their car (or drive has)
    Then you can log on to the site, search for your reg and see what other people think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

ciarsd wrote:
    Ando I guessing its a focus? What year is it? Was it NCT'd I wonder!?

yea it was a mk1 focus, not sure if it was nct'd or not. The car was parked outside my bosses house, he might know the person, I'll ask him to have a word if he knows the driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Sleipnir wrote:
    How about this...a website where people can post bad behaviour, dangerous cars, bald tyres, broken lights, fog lamps on etc.

Do it !! I'll gladly fill it with photos of people in the N4 buslane or on the hard-shoulder of the M50, or in the disabled spaces at Blanch etc :) I did find such a site, but have lost it - it doesn't show up in any searches.

I know it's probably not going to achieve anything in the real world but, boy it's good to vent !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Erm, I have no idea how to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

colm_mcm how can u not afford to put tyres on yer car,

He was being ironic I'm sure - Porsche Cayenne driver can't afford tyres??

I was talking to a guy 3 weeks ago, driving a mid-sized car, with two front tyres completely bald. He was ordering a car from me, and I was appraising his trade in and trying to figure out how much I wanted his car to cost me. I pointed out the tyres, and as they were completely worn, I said "I presume they're going to be replaced when It's traded in" Given that his car will take 2 months to arrive, I thought this was reasonable!

"No, sure they'll be grand" was his reply..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭spudster101

Is that the wire coming out through the top of the tyre or just part of the thred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

ando wrote:

DSC00196.jpg

....their like slicks ??

Excellent in dry weather, so no need to change them now until September or thereabouts. :D

Advertisement