Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

benoit signs a "longterm" WWE contract

• 12-04-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Chris Benoit Signs New Long-Term Deal With WWE
    Date Added: April 12, 2006
    Story By: Steve Carrier
    Credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Reports indicate that WWE’s SmackDown! brand wrestler, Chris Benoit has recently signed a new multi-year contract with WWE. Over the past several months there has been speculation as to if Benoit would continue his career with the WWE, TNA or outside of the industry entirely.

It is expected that Benoit will continue to wrestle for several more years. When his in-ring days are over, a job as a road agent or talent trainer awaits him. The general feeling backstage is that the company sees Benoit as a "lifer".
    www.prowrestling.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I hope he gets out while he's still ahead though.

He's 42/43ish and given the style he has, his carreer has been based on working like a a machine night in night out. I just would n't like to see him get hurt for going on a little too long.

But more of Chris Benoit as a fan, is great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

What is this thing about Benoit retiring from the ring? He couldn't be that old, could he? Angle and Taker had this said about them a while back and their still going strong. Angle is even on top of his game imo.
    Nice to see, he might train some wrestlers in the future, maybe we could finally see more than half-way decent wrestlers for a change.

I'm not saying he should retire. He's unbeleivable. I'm just making the point with the style he wrestles, and the injurys he's had, I can't imagine it getting any easier as you get older.

I just would n't like to see him get hurt, or seriously injured at this stage of his carreer. Theres enough tradgedy's in wrestling without adding Chris Benoit to the list.

Its not like he's a Hogan where he can do his poses, three punches, big boot and if your lucky a leg drop and everyone go's home happy.

Kurt Angle is an accident waiting to happen given the neck injury hes wrestling with. I hope I'm wrong though.

Wrestling is an addiction for so many of these guys. And like any addiction its not good for you in the long term. I think im going a little over the top here but heck I'll throw it out there anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

hopefully now he WILL be used alot better by wwe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I hope he gets out while he's still ahead though.

He's 42/43ish and given the style he has, his carreer has been based on working like a a machine night in night out. I just would n't like to see him get hurt for going on a little too long.

But more of Chris Benoit as a fan, is great news.

he is 39

Your spot on. Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Brilliant news there, Smackdown would be lost without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

fatal wrote:
    hopefully now he WILL be used alot better by wwe

He is being used quite well at the moment. He is a solid mid carder who can make the transition to main eventing at the drop of a hat, and always look like a threat.

I would imagine Benoit will be back at the top of the card again before 2006 is out. Whether he actually wins the title is another story though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

beoit shouldn't be a mid carder, he deserves to be main eventing especially on smacdown where the matches area lot better, but i doubt he'll ever get a run again, he didnt exactly break records when he was champ. great news though that he's gona be on our tv's for years to come

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How are the matches better in the main event scene?

Perosnally I think cruiser matches are among the best, but they are nowhere near the main event.

A match doesnt have to be the main event to be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

gimmick wrote:
    How are the matches better in the main event scene?

Perosnally I think cruiser matches are among the best, but they are nowhere near the main event.

A match doesnt have to be the main event to be good!

i never said that.....you are in the main event because of a "push" which i think he deserves and personally i enjoy cruiser matches very entertaining aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There's an interview with Benoit on The Sun's site: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2006220335,00.html where he claims he hasn't signed a contract recently. I'm kinda surprised by that, everyone seemed certain he had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Its great news if he has signed, hes one of the best ever. However, I would love to see him do the indies for 6 months or so just to fulfil a few dream matches of mine like Beniot vs Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels, Doug Williams, or, Joe for the hell of it

Advertisement