Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis about the Irish language - Help!

Options
  • 12-04-2006 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm a student from Belgium and I am writing my thesis about the current status of the Irish language. I would like some personal views from Irish people to include in my thesis, it doesn't matter if you speak Irish or not (I don't speak Irish myself, but am planning to learn!).
    So I'm looking for people who wouldn't mind answering some general questions about the Irish language. If you are interested or have any more questions, please email me at stephanie.vanhove@planetsteph.be
    Help a poor student!
    Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

A little story on the irish language. Last year I was in Vancouver staying at the Holiday Inn Express by the airport. In the breakfast room there were two couple sitting at a table, an older and younger. the younger man was wearing a shirt that said Eircom. I had a double take on the jersey.

When I got to the coffee I hear "conas ata tu?', I reply "ta me go maith, go raith maith agat". Had a great chat with the tourists from Wexford.

I find that when I am greeted by or greeting someone with an Irish heritage the simple greeting is what connects us and makes us distinct from all thoses around us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

You might also post your question on the Gaeilge forum here:

Soc/Languages/Gaeilge

Advertisement