Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yet another jsp question

Options
  • 12-04-2006 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

ok guys i now officially hate jsp!! i have a fairly advanced search that writes results to an oracle database, i am then dispalying them on a a jsp page. i now want to scroll through the results with basic first, next, last and previous. i have tried the rset.first(); and then assigned the variables. the first record displays perfectly, i then go to click next and it throws a jasper execption and a null pointer execption. my methods are working when its not in jsp so any ideas on what i can do to get it to work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Post ur stack trace...

My gut feeling is that your resultset is only available per request, hence the next request its null.. but I could be wrong..

Without seeing the code / stacktrace not much we can do to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 piemaster

well i put in print statements everywhere and its getting into the try block in my next method and then tomcat throws this up on my screen org.apache.jasper.JasperException
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:370)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
    oracle.jdbc.driver.ScrollableResultSet.cacheRowAt(ScrollableResultSet.java:2086)
    oracle.jdbc.driver.ScrollableResultSet.isValidRow(ScrollableResultSet.java:2060)
    oracle.jdbc.driver.ScrollableResultSet.next(ScrollableResultSet.java:347)
    org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.next(DelegatingResultSet.java:168)
    Heart.HeartDAO.result_next(HeartDAO.java:892)
    org.apache.jsp.search_005fnext_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.search_005fnext_jsp:57)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

and yes my oracle table is full got over 200 results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

That looks like an error inside oracle's jdbc code. Done a quick search and there seems to be a few people with similar errors. Download the latest oracle jdbc driver from their site and see if that works.

Advertisement