Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look at this.

Options
  • 12-04-2006 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

I saw a particular picture a while ago and thought I'd try and cunningly slip it in here somewhere but unfortunately, that chance has not presented itself. Therefore I will no longer beat around the bush or attempt to dress it up.

I actually wouldn't look at it if you're in work or if anyone else is in the room, its a little peculiar and people may think you're a bit odd.

Have at you.

On a serious note, it appears that Advent Children got a theatre release of sorts:

See here.

I'm in two minds about whether or not to buy it when it comes out on DVD over here. On the one hand I hated the thing but on the other it may well be something I regret not buying it in a few years time. Decisions decisions. If someone could put forward an argument to sway me either way that would be bleedin' rapid.

I'll let you all discuss that wonderful picture during my absence over the next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

film was great. get it. its only a couple of quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

buy the film, you'll love for the anime alone. the extra icing on the cake is that it has cloud and all the other ff7 characters in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The film is a mockery and only a worthless piece of fan service. It adds nothing to the FF7 experience and other than a few impressive looking but brain dead and over the top action scenes there is absolutely nothing of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Distinctly average film. But will buy it to see if its any better (and so i can understand the plot better) with (hopefully) decent voice-acting or properly translated subtitles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll probably end up buying it anyway when it's cheap and then regretting it :)

It was such an intelligent plot. It was amazing the way they committed the first sin of any sequel and brought back a long dead cahracter with no explanation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I'll be buying it for sure, even if it is just to see it in better quality than the one I downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I seriously doubt ill buy it, ive seen it once and it didnt exactly rock my world. Not worth the purchase except to compare the voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Got the dvd in the post this morning. It looks/sounds amazing watching it on the tv with the surround sound rather than on my laptop.

Story is still crap though :)

Voice acting is ok for the most part. Some good, some bad. Cloud, for example, has a decent voice but Sephiroth is a bit droll.

On the 1st disk, there's also a nice 10min 'Reminisce Final Fantasy VII' thing that you can watch if you ve forgotten everything that has happened beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm going to drag this up as I've come to a decision:

I will not be buying the game and I don't think that I need to explain why. In fact, should the disk ever come into my possesion, it will become my new tool for scraping dog poo off the bottom of my shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Hakumei Naru

Okay...that is some messed-up cosplay....Garnet looks fine....Zidane looks questionable...and Kuja...must block bad images from brain...must block bad images from brain...must block bad images from brain...must block bad images from brain...must block bad images from brain...

I still haven't seen AC so I'll definitely go see it the cinema. Even if I don't end up liking it very much it would be wonderful to see it on the big screen. I probably will buy it if it comes out on DVD. FFVII is my all-time favourite game. I also bought Spirits Within...but that was only because it cost about 3 euros in Gamestop seeing as I had pre-ordered FFX-2 from then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Unfortunately it's not being released in cinemas, DVD only. Best bet would be for somebody to rent out a massive big projection screen and have a screening of it! :D

Advertisement