Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy Refurb

Options
  • 12-04-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get some alloys refurbished and what they'd cost per wheel ?

There is a ding in two of my wheels and I'd rather they were not there.
    I presume there the cause of a vibration I am getting above 100 too.

The dings might mean a buckle me thinks.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm also looking for this, in Dublin. I've found this place in Tipp, if it's any use to you. Too far for me.

http://http://www.daltontyres.ie/alloyrepairs.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Cheers Anan1

I found them too, and thought the same but seemingly they do a pickup and return service !

Local Fast Fit gave me this number - 2827001
    A crowd in bray called Collins Engineering.

I will ring both today and get quotes.
    Will let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

run a search on the motors forum. there were a few threads on this a few months ago with plenty of links provided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

there is a company in bray that fix and repair alloys.i donot know the company name but i will find out within a day or 2 as its my friends uncles company.i will be seeing him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Thanks for that lads, keep me posted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I rang Collins in Bray.

€80 per wheel and may do a deal if theres more than one.

Considering advanced try to charge me €10 per wheel to check the balance yesterday tis not too bad!

Aluweld in blackhorse won;t give a quote without havin a look.

Daltons in cahir dont answer the phone !
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

RobAMerc wrote:
    I rang Collins in Bray.

€80 per wheel and may do a deal if theres more than one.

Considering advanced try to charge me €10 per wheel to check the balance yesterday tis not too bad!

Aluweld in blackhorse won;t give a quote without havin a look.

Daltons in cahir dont answer the phone !
    Rob
    thats it i think its colins as my friends name is collins.i seen his van the other day and it somehting like wefixalloys.com or something like that.i have heard they do a good job

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got a few buckles out of a few alloys a while back by a place next to Croke Park called Phoenix Tyres. €50/wheel. Excellent work. Came recommended by Gerry Campbell (TI Autos) and now by me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I got my wheel fixed a while ago by a guy between finglas and cabra ( i think!)
    Was just near the Railway crossing
    Was Campbells Garage 01-8304694

I had 3 dings in 1 wheel (fecking Potholes!)
    It cost €70 and top notch service
    prob cost less if only 1 dent in the wheel

I dropped the wheel in @ lunch and it was ready next morning

Good Deal

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

There's a place in Ardee (prob too far away from you) and they charge €40 to push dents out of the rim, and if the wheel needs to be welded and sprayed it costs €80. If the dents are bad the paint can come off and the wheel can crack when the machine forces them out, so then you would require an €80 refurb.

Like new when finished.

• Advertisement
Advertisement