Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned?

Options
  • 13-04-2006 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

i was on AH the other night - i didnt post anything bad and I didnt give out to anyone- but the next day I went on and I couldnt get in to AH ,i can get into everywhere else- and I know I havent been banned because i got no message saying I was banned

I pmd a mod and he said It seems i was banned and told me to contact a AH mod about it.

Also It turns out my flatmate was on My computer that night too(she came home drunk after i had gone to bed and gone on)Anyway she said she got banned- but It was on her account not mine.

So now im thinking could it be that the IP address was recorded when she got banned and Now I cant get in too???????

I have Pmed all the AH mods and none have admitted to banning me so i dont know whats going on
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Those AH mods... so corrupt tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

as far as i know they only do IP bans for people who were right assholes and who they want to ban site wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You didn't pm me.... (I feel unloved).

I also didn't ban you.

Also, IP bans are used for site bans, not local bans. So it couldn't be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lizanne

ok- so why cant i get in- this happened about 2 months ago- the thing i orginally posted was the email i sent to the mods and they said to go on feedback- but i only came back on boards today as my computer was broken

You are banned. I don't know who banned you, or why you were banned or for how long you were meant to be banned.

Give this a day, and see if one of the other mods knows something about this. If not, I'll unban you. Fair enough?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054868905
    I imagine this is why she is banned. She was presuably banned by Giblet.
    Lots of personal abuse and what not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

nesf wrote:
    You are banned. I don't know who banned you, or why you were banned or for how long you were meant to be banned.

Give this a day, and see if one of the other mods knows something about this. If not, I'll unban you. Fair enough?
    yes grand thank you

pepper wrote:
    yes grand thank you

lollverein!

(The only explanation is that pepper is Jesus in disguise testing AH mod integrity?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Haha. I love when that happens.

Wait for the inevitable....I logged in on my brother's account by mistake....

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:

Oh, I see where you're going with that... this is better than matlock!

i got a 2 week ban for that and i was back on it after that- then a week or two later i couldnt get on at all so it was not that- and ill thank you not to drag up my old posts- i got my punishment for that already

fade2black wrote:

what? look i came on here to get my problem sorted- why u taking the piss? i told the mod i was using my flatmates acc cos i couldnt get in to my one for a few mins my internet played up- whats your problem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lizanne wrote:
    i got a 2 week ban for that and i was back on it after that- then a week or two later i couldnt get on at all so it was not that- and ill thank you not to drag up my old posts- i got my punishment for that already
    I think you will find you did not post on After Hours after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wasn't me this time:S

I unbanned her ages ago for that.

Pepper probably did though.

i didnt say i posted on it- i said i was in after hours

fade2black wrote:
    Pepper probably did though.
    no as i said before SHE got banned and then i couldnt get in to AH so thats why i thought it was an IP ban

Eh, tbh. Not worth getting worked up about.

I'm confused. You have two accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh yes. Memories...

Did you get the tattoo in the end, lizanne?

lizanne wrote:
    i didnt say i posted on it- i said i was in after hours
    Did I say you said it? No.

I am saying there is no reason for you to be banned there.

im not getting worked up- just setting things straight- she got banned and then i couldnt get on so i thought it was an ip ban- i told u i was using her acc- i pmd u on her acc and i got my punishment for the billy joe thread so i dont see why im banned

fade2black wrote:
    I'm confused. You have two accounts?
    no- ive one my flatmate has 1

she got banned from AH and then i was unable to get on it too so i thought it was an ip ban and i used her acc earlier cos i couldnt get on with mine

Did I say you said it? No.

I am saying there is no reason for you to be banned there.
    oh right sorry

Yes but you could use your account on feedback but you replied here with her account. Why?

inny2.jpg

fade2black wrote:
    Yes but you could use your account on feedback but you replied here with her account. Why?

inny2.jpg

cos my net was playing up and i used her laptop and i tried to log in with my details and it wouldnt load so i tried hers (with her permission shes with me)and it worked- i told a mod i was using her acc to pm him

lizanne wrote:
    cos my net was playing up and i used her laptop and i tried to log in with my details and it wouldnt load so i tried hers (with her permission shes with me)and it worked- i told a mod i was using her acc to pm him
    Let me ask you a question , how many tattoo's do yee both ,respectively, have?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You went from one account to the other an back again in under 20 minutes.

• Advertisement

Ah well, no controversy here so. Off to bed I go.

Advertisement