Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Diving Trip - St Johns Point, Donegal

• 13-04-2006 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

For those of you who may be interested, I was away on a diving trip with the IT Sligo Sub Aqua Club last weekend, pics can be found here: www.url.ie/13x

minidsc01852.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I've never dived St Johns but it seems to be very popular with the clubs. What was the vis like up there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

On our best day it was about 15m

'The Wall' is just amazing. Loads of life etc. and its just a straight vertical drop from about 7m to 30m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭nitroboy

yep. its a sweet dive, alright
    might headup there on monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Nice shore dive at the lighthouse.You'll get about 18m on low tide.Head for the rock to your left by snorkelling out.Theres great life on the reef.I was there the weekend before easter and it was fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Moanin wrote:
    Nice shore dive at the lighthouse.You'll get about 18m on low tide.Head for the rock to your left by snorkelling out.Theres great life on the reef.I was there the weekend before easter and it was fantastic

One of the guys hit 28m on high tide!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Glad you got decent vis, the vis off Valentia today was akin to a Night Dive :D

Advertisement