Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atheist easter

• 13-04-2006 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

So how many of my fellow athiest and agnostics are going receive or even buy themselves an easter egg, I have to confess I'll probably get one and enjoy breaking the smooth chocolate off and eating it too. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Someone once told me Easter was about Jesus.
    I laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I will gladly accept any reason to enjoy eating chocolate:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I have no problem with eating chocolate eggs at Easter.
    Despite extensive research I have never found any religion which claims the Easter Bunny.
    So no problem. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

no eggs
    I've spent my money on a nice hotel down the country instead

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Beruthiel wrote:
    no eggs
    I've spent my money on a nice hotel down the country instead
    You could have got a lot of eggs for the price of a hotel!

Watched The Chronicles of Narnia last night on DVD. If that doesn't contain a big fat metaphor for easter weekend - then I'm a scientologist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

wasn't originally supposed to mark the spring equinox which was *wiki* *wiki* march 20th, 3 weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Easter Eggs are such a rip off! At least 3 or 4 Euro for as much chocolate as you would get in a bar!

I do enjoy bashing them to pieces though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Watched The Chronicles of Narnia last night on DVD. If that doesn't contain a big fat metaphor for easter weekend - then I'm a scientologist.

No wonder I found the whole movie so confusing. Spend the time going "What?, er, wait, er, that doesn't make any sense, why did he.. , why did that.. , what??:confused: "

Just like reading the Bible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

I always get an easter egg or two. Actually last year my boyfriend got me a humongous one godammit :mad:

''The older ya get, the cuter ya aint'' and people stop buying you easter eggs.

Remember people no meat tomorow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

1 - Jesus dies.
    2 - Jesus comes back to life.
    3 - ???
    4 - Chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Zillah wrote:
    1 - Jesus dies.
    2 - Jesus comes back to life.
    3 - ???
    4 - Chocolate.

:D:D:D:D

It makes sense when you are a 10 year old :D

Was in a resturant today with the 'olds and my poor mother asked for a glass of white wine with lunch. The snotty waiter gave her a look like she had just ask to have Lassie skinned, fried and served up to her, and explained that she cannot drink alcohol today. Stupid catholic church.

Wicknight wrote:
    :D:D:D:D

It makes sense when you are a 10 year old :D

No I don't think 10 year olds care if it makes sense, as long as they get chocolate ;)
    Was in a resturant today with the 'olds and my poor mother asked for a glass of white wine with lunch. The snotty waiter gave her a look like she had just ask to have Lassie skinned, fried and served up to her, and explained that she cannot drink alcohol today. Stupid catholic church.

I'd have done something horrible to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

easter is the one time when you really realise how clueless christians are about their own religious festivals. I asked five christians this week what decides the date of easter and only one new.
    And that was because i had told them about a year ago in a heated debate about the usual 'how can you comment on my religion when you don't know as much about it as me'.

BTW, easter sunday is the first sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. How incredibly spooky sounding!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

> The snotty waiter gave her a look like she had just ask to have
    > Lassie skinned, fried and served up to her, and explained that
    > she cannot drink alcohol today. Stupid catholic church.

Not all the country is so benighted. On my way to Donegal last friday, I stopped at a filling station about halfway to Monaghan which had a few bottles of Gato Negro (much recommended Chilean) on special offer, but a big sign over the whole lot saying that it was off-limits on "good" friday. So, out of interest, I grabbed a few bottles and explained to the checkout girl that as I wasn't a catholic, christian religious dogma didn't apply to me. She was fine with that and I made off before a purple-robed SWAT squad turned up.

robindch wrote:
    She was fine with that and I made off before a purple-robed SWAT squad turned up.

I hear that those battle bishops can be quite violent.

Advertisement