Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on .22lr

Options
  • 13-04-2006 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Greetings all,
    Just wondering if anybody would be able to help me with some info on a semi auto .22lr . Its a pretty old Franchi 'centennial' i got for free so the price was right. its a bit of a pain in the club because the sub sonic hollow point rounds keep jaming after nearly every shot,but using high velocity stingers in the field she works fine. Any info even on the guns background would really help,
    Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

I understand they were made in 1968 to celebrate franchi's 100th Birthday. Thats about as much as I know I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

A lot of semi auto .22's have problems with subsonic rounds.
    They need all the power they can get to cycle the action...etc

They are sometimes kinda picky about ammo and need regular cleaning to work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

From the 2005 Standard Catalog of Firearms-
    franchicentennial2gr.jpg

Prices are US Dollars.

Oh, and if
    its a bit of a pain in the club
    (:eek:), I'd say you're holding it wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Has it got a tube mag in the stock like the Browning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

can you post some pics of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fast

Yeah its got a tube mag which can be a bit fiddley, but holds 12 which is ok,will take a few pics this avo and stick em on tomorrow, cheers for the info guys

Advertisement