Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting cork this weekend.

Options
  • 13-04-2006 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

HI ya guys and gals.

My wife and I are coming down from carlow for the weekend. Were regular visitors to Kinsale, BUt this time friday and saturday night were staying in cork city (silversprings) a couple of questions..

Dinner friday night any suggestions?

What to do saturday (prefably not shopping)

Saturday night, where to go were not big clubbers. Just looking for a friendly place to go ..somewhere we'll feel comfortable

Sunday is there any car boot sales or markets

Were both in our mid 20's so any help would be appricated!

Cheers

Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Nightshiftguy

Also any comedy clubs or anyhting in corkl?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

places to eat in town,

i'd suggest Star Vast on Princes St., savage chinese restaurant
    Il Padrino's on Cook St. is a great italian, but you may need to ring ahead
    Café Mexicana on Carey's lane, gorgeuous mexican food

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Il Padrino's is great place nice small place for a meal and bottle of wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I agree with Tree, starvast is a fantastic chinese restaurant. Its located on Princes Street.

Cork City Gaol is a great tourist attraction, but I don't know what the opening hours will be like over the weekend. You should also fit in a visit to Fota ildlife park. Bring a picnic with you and spend a couple of hours there. It's well worth it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There's a Comedy Club on Coburg Street (just at the west end of MacCurtain st) but there's nothing listed on for this weekend. If you're looking for ideas on what to do in town, you could check Whazon's Cork page - it's fairly handy for gig and event listings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement