Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Tv

Options
  • 13-04-2006 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

My friend purchased a lcd tv from Dunnes at christmas last year[with vouchers] and then sold it to me in january.

The tv was not used. It has since developed a fault[with a backlight] according to a rep from crown.

Crown refuse to take the tv back to repair it and i cannot return it to Dunnes as we have no receipt.

This is a response from crown:
    Hello there
    I have looked into this for you. With any sale the responsibility for guarantee lies with the retailer. The reason that the customer returns the set through the retailer, is particulaly important because many companies buy
    products directly from the factory and simply pay a royalty for using our logo.

The problem is that I believe this could be one of the sets that simply carry our brand
    name. We would not have the parts to repair the set, or the service info.
    Thank you for offering the repair to us however.

The tv is the one[exactly] as shown on their website:

http://www.crowncorporation.co.uk/television/details/index.asp?ProductID=71

Where do i stand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

You don't need a reciept to bring the TV back to Dunnes. You need to proof of purchase. That means if paid on a credit card a bill showing the sale would be enough. Many electornic good require serial number registration so you could check if Dunnes did this which would also prove where the TV was purchased.

The manufacturer is not reponsible to you for a faulty good they are responsible to the place that ordered the stock. THe retailer is who you need to go to. THe fact you bought an item without the corect warranty or documnetation is your responsibility.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is the TV a relatively new model. If, for example, the model has only been available for say 6 months, then the retailer would surely know that it's under guarantee. Usually, TV manufacturers introduce new models yearly (the big guns usually anyway). Just go back to Dunnes and see what they say.

BTW, welcome back to the land of boards! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

So, if Crown say they "believe" this could be one of the set, does that mean it is or it isn't? How do they prove it one way or the other?
    Even it is Dunnes responsibility I can't say much for their customer service. No offer of any assistance at all.

Your contract is with Dunnes, not with Crown directly so you should go to them anyway. Tell them the problem and they may replace it. How many other retailers sell this make? I would say none!
    Don't mention that you didn't but it yourself as the warranty is with the purchaser and is void if sold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The manufacturer is not reponsible to you for a faulty good they are responsible to the place that ordered the stock. THe retailer is who you need to go to. THe fact you bought an item without the corect warranty or documnetation is your responsibility.

He has no warranty at all. The warranty lies with the peron who bought the set from the shop. They are under no obligation to entertain him at all. Most however, will as it is best business practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Thanks for the information everyone. I actually asked crown to repair the TV[at my expense] before i asked here, but they refused.
    byte wrote:
    BTW, welcome back to the land of boards! ;)

Thanks lad. Im only in and out these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Dunnes will sort it for you if you cause enough fuss with head office.

Dont know why people buy tvs from people who sell mainly groceries :rolleyes:

Advertisement