Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket Receipt roll advertising - any opinions?

Options
  • 13-04-2006 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭

It seems to be very inexpensive, but I am wondering if it is effective?

Has anyone used these before - any pointers for increasing effectiveness??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Genghis wrote:
    It seems to be very inexpensive, but I am wondering if it is effective?

Has anyone used these before - any pointers for increasing effectiveness??

When ever I go to the supermarket, which to be honest isn't that often, I read the ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭Genghis

I'd be the same smarty. I would certainly read them more often than I would read a flyer through my door. The cost per thousand is about €2, the printing cost per thousand for flyers is about €20 (no colour), and then you have to distribute them (another maybe €80 in time value).

So 50 times better value, on paper (no pun) at least.

But why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

What is you offering, and who is your target market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What companys do you contact to advertise on receipt rolls ? Is there a marketing company all the big chains use or do you contact superquinn / tesco / dunnes themselves ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

ciaranfo wrote:
    What companys do you contact to advertise on receipt rolls ? Is there a marketing company all the big chains use or do you contact superquinn / tesco / dunnes themselves ?

www.shop-n-save.com

• Advertisement

@ smarty

I am selling a book
    It is available via a website
    It is targetted primarily at the person who pays the bills in a house
    It will also be of interest to any TV viewer

@ ciaran info

There are actually 3 companies that offer this service, and it depends which supermarkets you want.

Shop'n'save cover Tesco, Centra and SuperValu (selected stores only)
    M&M Advertising cover Superquinn only
    Rollad Media cover Dunnes Stores (ROI and NI) and Lidl (Dublin and South East only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I'd say it's pretty effective. I'd usually look at the back of a receipt before I chuck it out. I don't remember seeing many products advertised on receipts before though - mainly just discount offers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

I think most people look at these, but only for offers, I have a 2 for 1 pizza deal one in my wallet right now.

Not sure it would be a good source of advertising other than for money off coupons though, that seems to be what people expect from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Genghis wrote:
    @ smarty

I am selling a book
    It is available via a website
    It is targetted primarily at the person who pays the bills in a house
    It will also be of interest to any TV viewer

@ ciaran info

There are actually 3 companies that offer this service, and it depends which supermarkets you want.

Shop'n'save cover Tesco, Centra and SuperValu (selected stores only)
    M&M Advertising cover Superquinn only
    Rollad Media cover Dunnes Stores (ROI and NI) and Lidl (Dublin and South East only)
    Genghis,

I'm just curious: Is the Free Satellite Channels e-book in your profile the website your're referring to or is it something else?

Sorry... duplicate post deleted.

• Advertisement

Oh Dear God... Sorry about that.

In my browser, my reply is appearing several times.

It might just be my browser but, if not, please accept my apologies everyone... I dunno how that hapened! :o

Tommy

EDIT: False alarm; it WAS my browser. I only had one duplicate port. Deleted it. Sorry again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It is as per my profile, Tommy, yes (seeing as you ask 3 times :)).

Advertisement