Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

1,000 messages , 10 euros, info on rte aertel

• 13-04-2006 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

A company is advertising on the Aertel about 1,000 sms for €10, wap charges may apply.. Anyone tried this service? Is it only you who must pay wap charges or do you need an application on the receiver side as well? I have seen services like that, like mig33.com, where they claim to be "sms" services but it really uses the gprs connection of both the sender and reciever, ie you receive the sms's within an application.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Here is the link looks a bit dodgie to me has anyone tried it http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p609.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

Ye, saw that the other nite on aertel. I'd say u get charge for it some where else also.

Would love 2 know if anyone has tried though?

Sure O2 do 400 texts @ 20 euro through text bundles which only costs 5c per txt and at the moment they are doing 1c txts o2 to o2 aat the weekends untilend of august, so probably wudnt be worth ur while if ur on 02 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

That couldn't look dodgier tbh;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yes it looks really dodgy.if it was true then why would everyone not use their service instead of o2 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I tried it... Got 4 messages back, one of them mentioned txtcredit.com.. So that's the site again, who gave us 500 free messages before... I sent "STOP" to the 57030 again so now I am unsub.. But no 1,000 messages were added to my account, only the 500 mess. It's nice now that you can send them via wap&gprs now, they have a nice wap site at www.txtcredit.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement