Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of the Bands!!

Options
  • 13-04-2006 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

so! whos a going to it?
    I defo am. Quite looking forward to it now! My friends are entered in it (The Internet) so I am going along to lend my support! I heard whoever wins it gets the chance to play at the UCD ball!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Yup, they're on the main stage at the Ball at about 8pm methinks.

Good luck to all involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Cool prize! the 1000 euro should come in handy too........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'll be there! One of my friends' brother's band is playing (Morning Hush). Should be a good night!

I'd say it'll defo start on time too cause the bar has to close by 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'll be there too cuz it's thursday:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

humbert wrote:
    I'll be there too cuz it's thursday:)

Are u not meant to be attending some Jazz soc thingy with free alchomahol??
    Might be going down later too!Good luck to all the bands

JazzSoc thing got moved to next Thursday cause they couldn't get a room.

Just got back from the battle of the bands. Good night, but I wouldn't have picked the same winners. Nevertheless, good show!

who wud u have picked? i just got back! won a ticket to the UCD ball, cudnt be happier!

Nice one :D Congrats on winning the ticket :D

I probably would've picked the band just before the winners, actually. Great energy on stage!

Thanks!!!
    yea i have to say they were really good. only thing about the band that won is that they will go nicely with the line up at the UCD ball already.
    i was there to support "the Internet". disappointed for them. maybe next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's not fair to say they were good and not say who won! I can't just text Sean and ask him when I should have been there, but had too much to do!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Font22, you going to the UCD Ball on your own now? Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

The winners were The Musical Show, last guys on, very good energy. Personally I'd have given it to Bravest Kid In School, very fresh sounding and started their set with a soundbite from Anchorman. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

The winners were The Musical Show, last guys on, very good energy. Personally I'd have given it to Bravest Kid In School, very fresh sounding and started their set with a soundbite from Anchorman. :)

Glad you liked the show!

You should see us play a whole set, we have all sorts of crazy over dubs! We were really pleased with the crowd at the show but were disappointed with ourselves. The temple bar music centre show the night before took alot out of us. A technical hitch with my acoustic guitar didn't help in the last song either! But had a great time. Musical Show are brilliant!

Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Had a really good night, enjoyed the music, forgot to lookout for other boardsies thought!

well done conor! you were really good. the standard was very high. the musical show were good but i dont think they deserved to win.
    with regards to hullaballo's question: nope i'm not going on my own, going with all my school/malahide friends+justcoz so its all good!i'll tell bellx1 u said hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

Font22 wrote:
    the standard was very high. the musical show were good but i dont think they deserved to win.

Who did you think deserved to win Font22? I thought the standard was high too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Font 22, to be honest, I am surprised, shocked and disappointed that you didnt say, "hey TheVan, I won a free ticket....wanna go to the ball?" I am sad....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

TheVan wrote:
    Font 22, to be honest, I am surprised, shocked and disappointed that you didnt say, "hey TheVan, I won a free ticket....wanna go to the ball?" I am sad....
    She's not that desperate*

*May not be true.

• Advertisement

Cheers big ears.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Font22 wrote:
    well done conor! you were really good. the standard was very high. the musical show were good but i dont think they deserved to win.
    with regards to hullaballo's question: nope i'm not going on my own, going with all my school/malahide friends+justcoz so its all good!i'll tell bellx1 u said hi!
    I'd say you will all right. No one's going to the UCD ball, so you'll be up close enough. I heard they're inviting alumni from up to 5 years ago to the ball. Plenty of middle-aged bachelors for you 22.

what is this? a secret underground dating service?

Yeah, besty and I run a fairly efficient dating agency.

doesnt seem like it works

Qft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

male, 23, seeks impressionable young short skirt wearing female for backstage fun and wild exciting indie parties a-la "Almost Famous".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ah sure while you're at it lads...
    female, 19, seeks male

thats about it really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Scraggs wrote:
    ah sure while you're at it lads...
    female, 19, seeks male

thats about it really
    Impossibly high standards darlin'.

• Advertisement