Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your choice

Options
  • 13-04-2006 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

I've always been fascinated with other wow chars, I level a few as it's all I can do really on 56k, end game is a joke on it. I've just been wondering if you had a choice of a full kitted out 60 in tier2 gear what char would you pick and why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Mage probably, Warlock maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Warlock. I had a 60 Mage, my boyfriend had a 60 Warlock. His char was a lot more fun. Particularly in endgame, his char got better and mine pretty much didn't. In instances it was a lot of handing out water and spamming frostbolts (yawn).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Yea Warlocks are pretty awesome, but assuming full tier 2, the 8 piece netherwind proc is a load of fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Faraway hills, tbh.

That said ,I'd love a fully kitted/spec'ed druid. Just so I could go feral for the PvP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

If I had a choice it would have to be a 60 druid feral all kitted out, and of course female night elf :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Rogue, simply down to how great they are for ganking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Rogue, rogue and rogue. Or, if it was for fun, a shammy maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hunter or a Druid!

Never played a druid but they seem the ownage. Hunters purely because you can afk autoshot your way to the top of the damage meters >_<

Druids rock in PvP, Feral druids just wtfpwn in PvP.

Rogue, bleh. A druid is a rogue and so much more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Joo guys are crazy. I'm quitting my druid coz they're **** in pvp tbh unless you like running away from people or you have full rank 13 gear or genesis and other really good balance and feral gear. Too many other classes have it so easy against druids and druids have to put so much effort into every feckin kill. bah! Shammys are the way forward.

• Advertisement

Which is why druids are so much better. It actually involves skill and as such you get better and better. And then the kills get easier and easier. Granted I've only really PvPed with my druid up to level 43 but what a magnificent 23 levels of PvP they were. I've ganked people of every class, raped groups of up to 3 and 4 people at a time and escaped from situations I really shouldnt have escaped from. Ok, I admit, I cant really comment on end game druid pvp but there would have to be some serious changes for me not to love it. Bear (haha puntastic!) in mind that all this was with restoration spec and you gotta ask yourself: "What server do I reroll as a druid on?"

I've killed shamans of 3-4 levels higher than me and that was before they "fixed" the cat form. I can slaughter mages, regardless of the circumstance, I can kill rogues as a "warrior" in bear form, kill warriors with roots and spells finished off with bear form. I can outdamage or outheal priests and thus lay them to rest too. Paladins are a joke with Innervate. In fact, the only problems a druid should have is vs. a warlock but then, who doesnt?

Not to mention our unique usefulness in group PvP. Instant super heals, great HoT's and a 3 second combat res! Track humanoid, stealth, sprint, bear form & a nice heal while in it. Stomp (if you are intelligent) and some moonkin thing, I never actually tried...

How could you not love druids?

P.s. I really love druids!
    P.p.s. I propose this thread be renamed "Ivan loves druids!"

Thank you for reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

i'd really like to try an end game healing class..already having played a melee and ranged class. A paladin probably or maybe even a shaman. Basically would like to try pvp as a support class and with a bit more survivability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Hakumei Naru

Hunter all the way. I adore that class. Yeah, they suck in close combat but they are the kings of battlegrounds. Also, there's no other class that I've been able to kill things five levels above me with.

And I love naming my pets ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I have a 60 hunter :p I would however love a 60 Warlock, they pwn practically everyone...

also ivan, balance becomes a huge issue when you're 60, but in saying that I've seen starfire crit for over 2.5k O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

druids get raped by warlocks... so easy ^^. Balance Druids requires gear not very readily availible unless in AQ40/some of bwl unless you want to be in cloth.. I have a 60 warlock and I don't really want to try out another character ^^. Well, maybe a mage after their patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Hakumei Naru

I'd love a level 60 paladin.....I like paladins and most I see are under level 45. I think I've only seen about five level 60 paladins. Could be due to the servers I play on or the time of day.

Is it just me or are most level 60 rogues female humans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

Well as i have a pretty well decked out Warlock, and a decent priest, i have to say that Warlock is teh pwnage. Rogues are good but they get absolutely raped in AV. You have to get in close and you won't get healed like a warrior will, you also don't have the survivability of a Warrior.

Warlock is great though... DoT everything in site, then launch a few nasty Shadowbolts and see "Spell Critial" come up on the screen and 2100.

Mage... nah, you will do stupid damage when you aren't ganked in the tier2 stuff though.

Druid... bah.

Paladin... Bah

Hunter - They do own in PvP, i make it my business to get rid of them first. But a hunter in tier 2 gear doesn't scare me as much as a Mage.

Shaman.. well i've had duels with the, that last a while, as they can just keep going until their 20k mana is gone in resto spec.

Warrior in full tier 2 with a priest behind him can basically do the job of Rambo. Kill everyone in your 40 man group before he goes down.

Priest in full tier2 gear is great for keeping about 20 people alive by just spamming flash heal for 20 mins before you 800k mana runs out. I don't know how there aren't more rank14 priests. I have often been alive in AV for about 20 mins healing millions of Hit points and stacking up on the honor before eventually getting caught. Think my priest has about 8700 mana fully buffed.

Nice when he switches to shadow aswell.

Damn it, where's that ignore button...

^^ keke.

a warrior in full tier 2 rape people... riiight. Actually the mention of a warrior in either their tier 1 or 2 sets raping people, lol.

• Advertisement

I thought they were supposed to be unstoppable with full tiers and epic/legendary weapons?

I'm a 60 frost mage and I dont really have that much good gear as I cant really do much endgame but all I know is that I find without much doubt the easiest class in the game for me to kill is a warrior regardless of what item set he is using.

Well mages are supposed to find warriors an easy kill.

As a rogue well equipped warriors are scary. Mages, no matter what they have are fair game. It's all relative.

What are fury specced warriors like at end game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Epicpriest

sunzz wrote:
    I'm a 60 frost mage and I dont really have that much good gear as I cant really do much endgame but all I know is that I find without much doubt the easiest class in the game for me to kill is a warrior regardless of what item set he is using.

I was talking about a well equipped warrior with a healer... look in AV everyday, you have about 6 people DPS'ing on a big warrior, and he just won't go down, and what happens is everyone is wasting mana on the warrior instead of killing the healer.

epicpriest wrote:
    I was talking about a well equipped warrior with a healer... look in AV everyday, you have about 6 people DPS'ing on a big warrior, and he just won't go down, and what happens is everyone is wasting mana on the warrior instead of killing the healer.

Im sorry but that is a load of horse****e, for startes no-one is that retarded in wow, obviously with the exception of the groups you lurk in, to stand there and 6 man a warrior and /point and /laugh at the priest in the background doing the healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I'm a 60 druid innervate specced with 20 in feral so I can tank and dps(ish) when I have to.

I can fill every role in a 5man or 10man and I can heal perfectly in raids and I have a full set of gear for each.

I'm delighted I stuck with my druid even when catform and bearform were terrible and grinding was damn painful. Druids are so much fun endgame. :D

Innervate ftw.

However,

If I ever do find the time to get going on AQ and BWL I will be speccing feral once I get that +240 to AP mace. :D

I'm sure I'll be able to fill a low end (pala style :rolleyes:) healing role with the right gear but off tanking and off dpsing and off healing is what a druid is for. And doing all when it is required is the druids main strength and is also the most fun. :D

I'll just bull my way into a feral druid spot in my guild. :D

Feral Druids ftw.

I thought they were supposed to be unstoppable with full tiers and epic/legendary weapons?
    No, more like a warrior in might/wrath is laughable dps. Utterly laughable. Only a retard would be pvping in might or wrath (well maybe might gloves for the +1% hit)

Advertisement