Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I make a Pivot table?

Options
  • 13-04-2006 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

As the title suggest, I need some help making a Pivot table in Excel.
    I've attacted a simple excel sheet for anyone to help me with.

Basically, every week I receive two reports from various people who send in reports saying they've sold this or that and what stock they have in their inventory. I record the date when I receive them. I would now like to do an analysis on how well we are receiving this information.

but i have no idea how to do up a pivot table.

can anyone help me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 coug01

Hi Will try to help

Pivot tables are not too hard to do, but the info needs logic....
    In order to create a Pivot table you must give all the columns titles
    I have called column …..A …..Name this will now help you to create the table or at the very least get started.
    Dates are difficult to control so you need to look at making the Info easier to Process.

Not really sure what you are trying to show can you explain more or post how you would like the info to look and I will try to create the table for you.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

Hey thanks alot.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is to make like a leaderboard of how well people are reporting in time. As you can see, each column has a date as a heading. The reports have to be in on or before that date and I need to find out who is reporting later.

So i was thinking, maybe I have to put a formula in somewhere to say that if "the date that is report is reported" equals or less than "the headed date" it should equal one, then when i pivot the data i can total up all the ones to make a leader boards.

I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is, its fairly flexible as long as some sort of analysis can be gained from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jackgopher

Maybe the following pivot table tutorials could be of any help:
    http://www.free-training-tutorial.com/pivot-table.html

Advertisement