Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: PROMO 2x20 *SPOILERS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

I haven't watched 19 yet but from what little I've heard
    very little happens :mad:

However watched this trailer and it looks fantastic.
    Is Michael's assessment of the others correct? I'd be very surprised if they weren't armed?
    When have we seen the others armed? I remember them having guns and home made explosives on the boat when they took Walt.

We have seen Ethan using a sling shot and his fists but never guns. Did Zeke have a gun in The Hunting Party?

Also, looks like Henry finally gets the upper hand. He knows AnaL is a killer supporting the theory that the others and/or smokie are reading the thoughts and memories of the losties - hence all the strange visions, whispers and occurances.

Damn the wait!! The final run of episodes are going to be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

wow michael's actions seem a little suspicious,is he trying to lead them into a trap? why would he though,is he willing to sacrifice people's lives to get Walt back? looks good,when is it on? first week in may?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Episode 2.20:
    Two for the Road (Ana-Lucia-centric)
    Airdate: May 3, 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

But I don't *care* about Ana-Lucia! :rolleyes:

Seriously, after S.O.S., won't they just scrap the damned flashbacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i'm not been fooled by the promos anymore.. i doubt much will happen.. and if it does it will be the very end of the episode..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

they should really ditch the flash backs at this stage, their purpose is no longer required for the development of the storylines in many cases....well maybe not ditch them but certainly lay off them for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

it looks like the remaining few episodes will have some real action in them; something we haven't seen that much of for a while.

***Yey, GUNS ARE FUN***:) :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

trap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

they should really ditch the flash backs at this stage, their purpose is no longer required for the development of the storylines in many cases....well maybe not ditch them but certainly lay off them for a while.

i hear ya, i do hear ya..but the flashbacks are still integral to the way the writers want to explain lost, the flashbacks are full of clues to the questions we ask every week like why is he/she acting like that etc? but most of all ther flashbacks show/explain why and how those people ended up on the island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭lau1247

yeah i think michael is leading them to a trap. Barely armed?? Didn't the group give the others the gun as an order when they trade kate after she was captured a good few episodes back?? and back when they were on the boat, they seemed very much armed..

But certainly very interesting indeed..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

crap, I don't like Michael, he's a very annoying character, hell I don't care if they don't finish the Michael/Walt storyline...

ditto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

On the subject of the flashbacks, how many more could they have. Most the characters have been done and their backstories explained. All that's left that I can see is

Locke - One more
    Libby - Hasn't had one yet
    Ecko - One or two more (I liked his first one)
    Anna Lucia - Probably one more
    Henry Gale - You know he'll get one
    Michael/Walt - Probably two more (one on the island(like Claire's), one before the island)

Other maybes for one more flashback are Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sayid but I don't see what is left to uncover in their pasts anymore.

That's about it unless they start doing more Charlie, Rose & Bernard, Sawyer ones which are unnecessary.

from what you just mentioned.. there are about 12 episodes.. that's like half a season.. Let's hope they don't do all of them..

I hope they give more action rather than back stories.. start to get sick of them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Looks good, but looks can be deceiving. That said, I'm sure I'll love it either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Demeant0r wrote:
    crap, I don't like Michael, he's a very annoying character, hell I don't care if they don't finish the Michael/Walt storyline...

but they took his son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

tracert wrote:
    But I don't *care* about Ana-Lucia! :rolleyes:

Seriously, after S.O.S., won't they just scrap the damned flashbacks.
    ya they should really ditch them...after all noone gives a **** about how locke lost the use of his legs or why libby was in the mental home with hurley... ya defo ditch them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Steoob wrote:
    ya they should really ditch them...after all noone gives a **** about how locke lost the use of his legs or why libby was in the mental home with hurley... ya defo ditch them :rolleyes:
    Fair enough, but there's no need for them in every episode if they're just going to be stupid filler in between the two minutes of Island story development we get.

That last Locke flashback, for example, sure answered all of my questions. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

but they took his son!
    Pity they didn't take his tongue while they were at it.

Talisman wrote:
    Pity they didn't take his tongue while they were at it.

but they took his son!!

ps this is getting like south park now.."they took are jobs"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Episode 2x21, coming - Xmas 2006

Besides the content and whether drawing things out with flashbacks is necessary or not I'm sick of these muppets not being able to stick to a goddamn production schedule. It's not exactly the most complex series to make, small limited cast, simple set (the most complex one is the hatch FFS). Splitting the cast into small groups for sub plots and flashbacks as they do should make it even easier as they can have parallel production units for each episode...but no....a week here, 2 there....Muppets. Its ratings are dropping quite a bit in the states and most of the folks leaving it are citing the irregular schedule as the reason. You may never see the end game simply because the production team have gotten fat from stellar first season ratings and are content to see how far they can push viewer's patience.
    Rant Off: The spoiler does 2x20 look like redemption for the last few episodes.

hhmm....getting the production quality of that show isnt easy mate. everything from the look of the show and the sound is top notch... and most tv shows have only 2 main characters lost has 14 main characters,

but there was a thread about this about how they are hoping to begin showing series 3 in october to stop these breaks from occuring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

The season isnt broken up for production reasons, its scheduling by the networks around holidays and events in the States. Its not just Lost, its every mainstream show.

Anyway, you shouldnt really bitch about it since, unless you live in America, you are obviously illegally viewing episodes months in advance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Draupnir wrote:
    The season isnt broken up for production reasons, its scheduling by the networks around holidays and events in the States. Its not just Lost, its every mainstream show.

Anyway, you shouldnt really bitch about it since, unless you live in America, you are obviously illegally viewing episodes months in advance?
    lol, pwned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Huge rumoured spoiler for this episode

Only highlight if you want to know

Anna Lucia is heavily rumoured to be killed in the Hatch by either Gale or Michael!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I hope it's not a trap because at the end of 19 the first thing that came into my head was "Michael is going to be a spy now, or a plant by the others, just like yer one was in Big Brother." It's too obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Im wondering, i know the guy who plays Henry was initally signed up for a run of 6 episodes. I suppose we're coming to the end of that with next weeks episode. Does anyone know if that was extended? I really dig his character, would hate to see him be killed off at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Huge rumoured spoiler for this episode

Only highlight if you want to know

Anna Lucia is heavily rumoured to be killed in the Hatch by either Gale or Michael!

sigh....Ana-Lucia haters should really learn some originality tbh, the script has leaked for this episode(yes ive read it, and no that doesnt happen)
    Metacortex wrote:
    Im wondering, i know the guy who plays Henry was initally signed up for a run of 6 episodes. I suppose we're coming to the end of that with next weeks episode. Does anyone know if that was extended? I really dig his character, would hate to see him be killed off at this stage

telling you on this thread would be against the rules, you want me to pm you the info ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Hey Herobear - would it still be against the rules if you put it in spoilers?

If so can you PM me the details and source of the script leak? Nice one....how long more till this episode is finally aired anyways?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Yeah read those script details as well. The source was IMDB so originally thought these were foilers but the new CTV trailer that you see at
    http://www.lostlinks.net
    confirms these details.

Didn't know there were rules about posting spoilers for upcoming eps. Anyway if you want to know you can find the info here:

http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/showthread.php?t=45415

Advertisement