Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

physics

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

That's really the only remotely hard thing in heat, apart from the Experiment to calibrate a thermocouple thermometer, the part where it says to put the 'hot junction' in Glycerol, I haven't a clue why glycerol is used..

eh dont u have a choice to use either the thermocouple or the alcohol for the to calibrate a thermometer?
    the alcohol one is way easier and its in the folens book, so i would use that one if i were u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

That's really the only remotely hard thing in heat, apart from the Experiment to calibrate a thermocouple thermometer, the part where it says to put the 'hot junction' in Glycerol, I haven't a clue why glycerol is used..

eh dont u have a choice to use either the thermocouple or the alcohol for the to calibrate a thermometer?
    the alcohol one is way easier and its in the folens book, so i would use that one if i were u

Apparently they could actually just ask you about the thermocouple one, the fact that only one of thems in th book is just the publishers choice, nothing to do with the department..

Advertisement