Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone visited BT head office?

• 13-04-2006 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

Given up on cust care/complaints/billing muppets.

I'm wondering if anyone has visited BT head office.

Did you get to speak to anyone besides a muppet?

I'm travelling from waterford so I'd appreciate any experience as I obviously dont want to waste the trip.

Thanks

Nh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You won't get to speak to anyone. They're a call centre, they're not there for face to face communication.

Write a letter or email to the CEO, you'll get better results that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

try and get a name of a supervisor or something.

I had an expirience like this with Dell, I got them name of a manager went out to dell asked for him at the desk told the security guy i had an appointment the guy game down and i just landed the machine in his arms with a letter.

It's sad that we have to go to these extreme's to get something done.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

eth0_ wrote:
    You won't get to speak to anyone. They're a call centre, they're not there for face to face communication.

Write a letter or email to the CEO, you'll get better results that way.

I'm sure Head Office in Grand Canal Plaza is more than a call centre. In fact I would be fairly sure that it isn't just a call centre as it would be a waste of prime real estate.

So if you wish feel free to travel up - you probably won't get past the front desk but at least you will have tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

parsi wrote:
    I'm sure Head Office in Grand Canal Plaza is more than a call centre. In fact I would be fairly sure that it isn't just a call centre as it would be a waste of prime real estate.

So if you wish feel free to travel up - you probably won't get past the front desk but at least you will have tried.

Sounds like a wasted trip!
    Tbh if you've mailed their complaints dept who contacted ya? Did you get the persons name who was dealing with it? Just let comreg know and get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

a guy recently posted a message on here about "how to beat esat" he said he did it and got to speak to someone who sorted his problem out. It all depends on who is in charge the day your going id say some managers will talk to you and others would tell security to tell you to leave the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Here's a suggestion. Email the boss and ask to meet him or someone in management and go up and meet them. All you need to get an appointment is i) don't be a nutter ii) don't act like a nutter iii) be polite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Most of GCP is call centres - tech support, customer service and sales.
    I used to work there years ago back when it was Esat and a couple of times people would show up at reception looking to speak to a manager. I think on every occasion security asked them to leave. tbh you'd seem like a nutter if you came to the HQ demanding to speak to someone, I think it's better to write to the CEO and ask for a meeting.

He'll sort your issue out before agreeing to a meeting i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

I don't think BT would be too bothered with you showing up at their doorstep, unless you carried a placard calling them 'thiefs' and just stood outside with a friend holding a camera. The funny thing about BT I found is that their front line customer care and billing staff come across as very understanding and often seem bewildered as to why something isn’t being done about a billing issue that’s been going on for several months and many calls, I would love to be a fly on the wall in one of BT's strategic meetings ... now that would be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Advertisement