Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved into apt 6 months ago

Options
  • 13-04-2006 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

...obviously did my snag list and all the rest, but as i am living there i am finding other bits and pieces that should have been on the snag list but they were not spotted. before u all jump down my throat and tell me i should have spotted these things when i was doing my snag, say for example, one thing was inside the toilet pot the 'rim' there was a big chunk gone out of it. this wasnt spotted because once i lifted up the toilet bowl when doing the snag i had to put it straight back down - the builders had used it eeeewwwww. another thing that we only spotted a couple of weeks ago was the sink in the ensuite when the plug is down and we fill it up with water, the water all just disappears, and then we noticed that all around the plug was actually cracked (barely noticed) but thats where the water was disappearing to.
    the builders are quite nice, but do u think they will just tell me to bog off??
    a few people i have asked said dont even bother asking, they will just say no, but if i bought a brand new car and something went wrong it would be under warranty and u would bring it back and get it fixed...a house is prob about 20-30 times more expensive so surely u have some kind of guarentee no??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

You never know until you ask... Nobody here knows what the builder will say.

I'm renting an 4 year old apartment and one of the windows leaks a few hours after heavy showers(problem with the lead seperating us and the apartment above) The landlord has had the builders out to fix once last year and it looks like the problem is back again so he'll be on to them again.

Advertisement