Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Capping Speeds from Easynews??

• 13-04-2006 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Was doing a bit of downloading last night from Easynews and the speeds never got above 200 kB/sec. Thought it might be a once off but just checked again now and its the same,speeds not going over 200kB/sec. I'm on the 10meg NTL package so i decided to check my digiweb Metro connection and see if it was a similar situation. I'm maxing out my Metro connection downloading from Easynews. Are NTL capping the speed from Easynews and other Newsgroup providers??? Any other NTL user finding similar problems with speeds???? Up to yesterday i was maxing out the same NTL connection downloading from Easynews.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I had this problem downloading from Easynews with UTV clicksilver. I tried using a download manager ('Reget' as suggested by Easynews on their Zip Manager page) and the problem was solved. I now usually get a near maximum speed.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

I'm on IOLBB+ and I've been having slow speeds from Easynews via their newsserver since about Christmas.

Now using the zipmanager with Freedownloadmanager and max out my connection no problem.

If you check the Easynews support forum, you'll find that a lot of people have started to have speed problems since the same time, but Easynews who are normally pretty good with the support side of stuff are denying that anything is wrong on their side and just trott out the same old lines about changing routes and checking your tcp settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

You should have tried having a read around their site, your connection is probably just being routed through a slow server. Go to this page and select a different route.

http://members.easynews.com/route/

I found that Alter.net was a pretty fast route for me, ~210k per connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

You should have tried having a read around their site, your connection is probably just being routed through a slow server. Go to this page and select a different route.

http://members.easynews.com/route/

I found that Alter.net was a pretty fast route for me, ~210k per connection.

Changed to alter.net getting max speeds now.

Advertisement