Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theory Test

• 13-04-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have applyed to do my theory test. I was just wondering is it hard to pass. I want to do it for a bike/car. I am going to get a cd with all the questions on it. Does anyone have any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The cd is the best way of studying for the Theory Test.

My recommendation is to keep doing the sample tests.

Basically it runs through "random" questions from each section. More often they are very similar from test to test so you have to do lots to get through all the questions.

You will soon find the couple of questions that are "difficult" - the stopping distances etc. You will have learnt these off by heart by the time the test comes around, the rest are easy and self explanatory.

The difference between the cd sample tests and the real one is that the real one has a better "random" selection and it picks questions from different sections randomly too, so you could have sign followed by a tractor question followed by a seatbelt etc etc.

You should be getting 40/40 pretty much 95% of the time soon enough.

If you have any queries about the questions or if you need better explanations than the cd describes do not hesitate to ask.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Go through all the questions once, you'll notice some are just ridiculous, then do the random tests, after a while you should be getting 40/40. like nereid said you'll want to be getting 40/40 most of the time before your ready to sit it. With the CD you should be ready after a few hours of doing random tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

i wont say its easy cause i saw someone beside me freeze doing his but 80% of the questions are common sense eg when can a child stick his head out the sun roof A: never B: under 50kph C: always D: not on motorways... im not joking with that one, I worked of the book, after reading it about 2 or 3 times you know what you need to concentrate on and you can forget about 2/3 of the rest of them, as was said before stopping distances are the 1s to look out for.... you should have no problem my sister passed and that kinda scares me cause she shouldnt be let anywhere near the drivers seat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

i wont say its easy cause i saw someone beside me freeze doing his but 80% of the questions are common sense eg when can a child stick his head out the sun roof A: never B: under 50kph C: always D: not on motorways... im not joking with that one, I worked of the book, after reading it about 2 or 3 times you know what you need to concentrate on and you can forget about 2/3 of the rest of them, as was said before stopping distances are the 1s to look out for.... you should have no problem my sister passed and that kinda scares me cause she shouldnt be let anywhere near the drivers seat

This is well off topic, but did you ring the Adrian Kennedy phone show about that question?

Thanks for the replys. I am going to get the CD off a friend. Just one other thing, you know all the penalty points that have been introduced, will they be on the test?

Advertisement