Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing hair colour with photoshop

Options
  • 13-04-2006 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Any advice guys on a good way to change someones haircolour with photoshop? obviously the more natural the better
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

at a basic level ...

copy the layer ...
    remove the non hair
    alter that layers color ...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Cheers but can you give a bit more detail do you mean just cut out the hair with the lasso tool? When you say change the colour I assume you dont mean just use paint brush, so how do I alter it exactly? Sorry bit of a novice here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

don't have access at the moment ..

It'd be something like image -> color & saturation ... click the colorize button and play with the bars that are there :)

At a basic level yes .. just use the lasso tool ... and select the bits of hair you want ... get rid of the rest ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭nohshow

You can also do it freehand with the brush tool, select OVERLAY in the MODE drop-down or, if you understand the additive/subtractive effects of colours, you could try the COLOUR and/or HUE options at the bootom of the same menu.

The brush colouryou select is obviously the one that matters, though I think the background colour also has some effect. I don't understand it all, I'm a little bit self-taught and haven't quite got my head around it all yet.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Using the method I describe here

you can get realistic color changes

misha15fs.th.jpgmisha29xl.th.jpg

//edit--> oops had the images still in CMYK what a dope

• Advertisement
Advertisement