Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Centre - TV Card Problem

• 13-04-2006 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

I got an analogue cable NTL point installed in my computer room today just so I can use the TV facility on the Windows Media Centre OS.

I have a PCI Hauppauge (sp?) TV card in the computer (Its a Dell). Just to test the connection, I plugged in the portable TV and it found 20ish channels.. however, when I tried it with media centre, it only found 17. Im missing RTE1 and Setanta and a few others.

Has anyone found the problem before? All advice gladly accepted!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Try hard codeing the channels. I had to do this with a pinnacle card
    Autotune often misses stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

i had to get ntl's frequencies and manually tune them, autotune missed 5 or 6 channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

peepsbates wrote:
    i had to get ntl's frequencies and manually tune them, autotune missed 5 or 6 channels

How do I manually tune in the channels in Media Edition? Ive been trying to figure it out all morning and its driving me loolaa :o

Are there any alternatives (free ones) to watching the TV via Media Centre? I downloaded MythTV but theres no .exe for it, and it wants me to compile it.. I dont have the software for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

MythTV doesnt run on windows! Its linux only. You can get knoppmyth to make the installation less painless if you want to try it.

For windows you have:

GBPVR
    Mediaportal

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever managed to manually add channels to MS Media Centre? I got a free remote control for use with it and if I could get it going it'd be great.

Advertisement