Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US]24, Day5, Hour17, 11pm-12am [Spoilers]

• 11-04-2006 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

voila.

Judgement in 42 mins.

woops. Sparky, can ya make it a public poll please :)

[US]24, Day5, Hour17, 11pm-12pm 16 votes

5*
    0%
    4*
    0%
    3*
    43%
    Mr ECivilServantLFCFanDrunk_JackassDrEvilBernsspartacus93 7 votes
    2*
    56%
    satchmoMossy Monkkaimerajor elEglintonRockeretteSparkytvnutzJack Bauer 9 votes
    1*
    0%
    0*
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

3*
    kaimera what did ya think of it or did ya not see it :rolleyes:
    Trip the silent alarm or not, what to do :p
    Woulda like to seen a bigger shoot out at the end there. Prezzie is screwed now :p Heller's on the case :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

2*
    Berns wrote:
    kaimera what did ya think of it or did ya not see it :rolleyes:

Whats the :rolleyes: for?

Some of us have more immediate pressing issues to attend to [like an exam].

Amm...not a great episode imo in the overall scheme of things.

Evelyn was a waste of screen time as was her kid.
    Ya knew as soon as the kid was introduced she was gonna fubar it. ffs.

Predicatable ep but I can see Hour18 being good with Audrey's father back in it.

Still can't get Logans motive but it's apparent he is the numero uno in this.

3* Worst hour this season for me. Just felt let down by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

2*
    3* for me too

agreed about Evelyn and her daughter but i find it odd that the army couldnt stop the police car at the end

next hour should be good though with Secretary Hellar back in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

It was ok, solid enough episode. Just seems like the president let things get out of hand and then everything spiralled out of control on him. Poor man:)
    I selected 5 by mistake, just a habit at this stage I suppose. I would really only give it a 3 or 4, probably 3.5 would be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I go with 3 aswell, lol'ed at the army arriving outside the bank and kicking ass.
    I think we'll see Aaron get to take down the president with Martha still thinking he's great.
    Meanwhile we'll get a Jack v Henderson shoot out with Wayne Palmer biting the bullet.
    If the vice president gets too inquisitive he may have an accident too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

2*
    Good episode, not fantastic but still good. Couple of things let it down, Evelyn and the young one firstly. A bit predictable that. The bank manager getting shot, couldn't see that coming ;) It was strange that they got away in a stolen cop car with flashing lights, and the army guys didn't seem to follow them.

Good bits:
    Chloe, coming out of the toilet. "I'll write it in a report if you want", plus the evil stare she gave your man.
    Other than that, nothing really stands out.

I wonder will Heller do the dead, or will he turn out to be on Logan's side? Seems like this would end next week if he gets the evidence from Jack, that leaves us a few hours shy of 24. I suspect something big will happen, perhaps they'll shoot his plane down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

The way Henderson talks to the president and Logan says "I know my role in this" makes it seem like Logan is somewhat of a pawn in a bigger picture. THat's the most interesting bit for me. Otherwise, this eps' cliffhanger is geared more towards Americans (like if you could imagine the shock for us if Bertie was hiring the IRA to fill his vodka cabinet).

The predictable bits were a little painful to sit through (as always) but I still enjoyed the way Jack's escape went flawlessy as usual - who cares about the bank mananger (and surely Evelyn being dead too), and the fact that car doors don't normally stop automatic weapons? Also, Chloe doing her thang and disappearing just on time was a little convenient.

So now they'll use Audrey's cell phone to track her but she'll turn it off. So why couldn't they do that in the first place?

Heller to shoot Jack and destroy evidence and tie up his daughter till it blows over...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

jor el wrote:
    It was strange that they got away in a stolen cop car with flashing lights, and the army guys didn't seem to follow them.

"It's a ghost car!" ;)

As soon as the lights are off it vanishes from sight. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3*
    Yeah, I thought the ending was going to be like a 5 star chase in Grand Theft Auto... boo!

I really liked this episode, though. Who gave Logan a pair of stones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

TmB wrote:
    Yeah, I thought the ending was going to be like a 5 star chase in Grand Theft Auto... boo!

I really liked this episode, though. Who gave Logan a pair of stones?

Yeah, they could've absolutely gone all out at the end there, maybe theyre saving it for a later episode?

A very clear change in Logans character - now that we know he is the architect :eek:

...how likely would it be for Heller to be the president in the next series/day??
    (assuming hes a good guy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

2*
    Good episode,moved things along nicely. But as mentioned there were those few bits that were too predictable.

3 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

cregser wrote:

So now they'll use Audrey's cell phone to track her but she'll turn it off. So why couldn't they do that in the first place?
    Heller to shoot Jack and destroy evidence and tie up his daughter till it blows over...?

Judging by the promo of next weeks hour that may not happen. But, never say never!!!

I'd give this one 3.5-4ish. Didn't have the same impact on me as the last few hours. I think Kim is due back is soon too. It will be interesting to see what she does and if she comes into play.

Promo site link in case ye don't have it:
    http://homepage.mac.com/csdesigns/24.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

Promo site link in case ye don't have it:
    http://homepage.mac.com/csdesigns/24.html

go raibh maith agat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

With kaimera on this, although I'll still give it a 4

Damn, IrishEmperor beat me to predicting it's gonna be President Heller on day six!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Enjoyed this episode. I am also giving it a 4. I only hope the heller will not side with the president. Another twist could be that fact that Secretary Heller might also be it on it.

Edit: Just seen the promo for next week. Looks like being a very worth while episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

2*
    Oooooooooh, that looks good. The last few seconds are the best part.

President Heller in the coming seasons eh? That'd be a nice link back to the Whitehouse for Jack, like he always had with Palmer in previous seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

A very clear change in Logans character - now that we know he is the architect :eek:
    im happy with the way theyre treating it. he doesnt seem any less moronic, or out of his depth. just a little bit more self serving.

p.s. anyone catch the groovy secrect-agent funk tune going over jacks bank escape and chloe breaking the satellite transmission? v. nice.

2*
    jor el wrote:
    President Heller in the coming seasons eh?

thats what i am thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 djf1970

kaimera wrote:
    Still can't get Logans motive but it's apparent he is the numero uno in this.

I assumed his motive is the same as Walt Cummings explained early on. The gas was supposed to be released somewhere in the Gulf region, providing justification for US actions. Logan said no Americans were supposed to get hurt, so he couldn't have wanted Bierko getting involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

2*
    Right everyone, you all have second chances, Use them wisely, I know one of you made a mistake. ;)

Sparky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

2*
    Eh, Why are we voting on hour 16?

2*
    Eglinton wrote:
    Eh, Why are we voting on hour 16?

Ah feck, nevermind it, its the poll for hr 17 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

3*
    Im liking the new style of music in this last few episodes, never really noticed it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

2*
    aye the music is the bank as they were plotting their escape was great :D

just saw it last night..

i really hope Logan gets caught and he somehow doesnt wriggle out of it..
    but with that clip, at least we know Heller gets to him.

im looking for a take down of Logan, and a final dramatic twist and storyline..

What about Homeland Security's role?

poor Chloe!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

2*
    Rockerette wrote:
    i really hope Logan gets caught and he somehow doesnt wriggle out of it..
    but with that clip, at least we know Heller gets to him.
    Spoilers ffs :mad:

2*
    ??
    for what bit..?

sorry... i was just referring to the clip...
    didnt think i needed spoiler tag for something in the promo for the next episode..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

3*
    Rockerette wrote:
    ??
    for what bit..?

sorry... i was just referring to the clip...
    didnt think i needed spoiler tag for something in the promo for the next episode..

Well I hadn't seen it! Doesn't make a big difference but I suppose some people would rather watch the episode wondering what will happen, rather than having a fair idea.

2*
    it was pretty obvious though that Hellar would end up meeting the president

2*
    Granted it wasn't a major spoiler and probably fairly obvious, but I specifically don't watch anything to do with promos because I don't want to know what's coming up. I'm sure other people are the same, and there's specifically a sticky at the top of the forum.

• Advertisement

2*
    sorry guys, i just didnt think..

(thats why girls whouldnt be allowed watch 24 ;) )

2*
    Its not much of a spoiler, but granted it is a spoiler, so posts have been edited accordingly.
    The thread does contain the spolier tag, but its for the current episode.
    Likewise I doubt many would find an ending spoiler of the season nice if it didnt have a spoiler tag.

2*
    Rockerette wrote:
    (thats why girls whouldnt be allowed watch 24 ;) )
    Heheh ah now let's not go nuts!

I agree though, the music was great... can't say I've ever really noticed the music in 24 before, but for some reason I did in this one and it looks like other people did too. It's been the same two guys doing the music for at least the last few eps, so it not that it's different talent. Good stuff anyhow. All in all, a solid 3/5 from me.

So is that it for Bill Buchanan? "Sorry Bill, we need Chloe more so you're out on yer ear"?! I hope he gets some sort of reprieve, he's a good character.

2*
    Now that a lot of you mention it, I did notice that the music or "score" in the last (this) episode was very good, but I think this is because every 20 minutes or so of inactivity on the laptop causes the 24 screensaver to come on and the theme music to play.
    I must admit, I was looking out for the music, but I didnt think most of you noticed it aswell.

Funny how these things happen. ;)

2*
    Yeha i like Bill.. i thought he was a boring ould potato at first, but he's grown on me. a good guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

I think its really building up nicely for big conspiracy like in the second season. Did anyone else notice that Audrey left the petrol station without paying? (I'm not sure if this was eps 16 or 17, i watched them both together!!). Evelen and the kid was so preditable and that was a little disappointing but the episode really set the scene. Jack is always at his best when he goes off on his own on the wrong side of the law!

• Advertisement
Advertisement