Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Easter

Options
  • 13-04-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

Me off. Enjoy the long weekend boys and girls.

happy-easter.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

there is an easter now? I just though it was an amalgamation of essay titles coupled with the closure of the library when I need it most :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

hope the easter bunny cums.......in your face!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

tintinr35 wrote:
    hope the easter bunny cums.......in your face!!!
    Why? Why???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

yayyy

i hope the easter bunny fertalises MY eggs!

• Advertisement

Why? Why???!!!

your question should be why not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

children please!!

Scraggs wrote:
    children please!!

No you're not allowed have anymore

Asking for children dosnt make them come to you , pervert. So stop pleading for them. The feds are watching you

Scraggs wrote:
    children please!!

i did think i saw u hanging around playgrounds luring children with chocolate eggs!!! SICK PUPPY

Scraggs wrote:
    children please!!
    you just brought the whole tone down, here we were talking innocently and you had to bring kiddyfiddling into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

BANG!! BANG!!! Both barrells, 8 guage open choke shotgun... bye-bye Easter Bunny... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... *bloody rabbits... I hates 'em*

tintinr35 wrote:
    SICK PUPPY
    woof

interestingly scraggs we are only 2 people apart on bebo....put that in your stalking pipe and smoke it!

now whos the stalker... I didnt even look for ya tintinr!

i just came across you...............dont worry i wiped it off

tintinr35 wrote:
    i just came across you

Not on the sex offender's register I hope. I hear shes writing an auto-biography "Scraggs' Children"

LOL oldie but a goodie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

This forum used to be good before you baxtards came across it...
    Happy Easter my ass.

How come a Christian holiday gets 2 days of college off, but no other denominational holiday does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

SebtheBum wrote:

How come a Christian holiday gets 2 days of college off, but no other denominational holiday does?

Guess UCD still clings to its Catholic beginnings.

It's not like I'm even arguing for more holidays or "equal representation" of the different denominations of students studying in UCD... Just cut out the religious BS fullstop.

Our poll asked, "What does easter mean to you?"
    99% of respondents answered "Chocolate", and we remind you that there is a 1% margin of error.

• Advertisement

SebtheBum wrote:
    Just cut out the religious BS fullstop.

im not a big fan of the old religion myself but lets not presume that everyone thinks its BS, its not very fair to just piss on someones beliefs just cause you or i dont agree with them!!

tintinr35 wrote:
    im not a big fan of the old religion myself but lets not presume that everyone thinks its BS, its not very fair to just piss on someones beliefs just cause you or i dont agree with them!!
    Well, by that logic Tet, Ramadan, Hanukah, Kwanzaa and a host of other religious holidays that are integral to the beliefs of a few students in UCD, should also get representation in the form of holidays. Which is ridiculous. So, I reiterate, cut out the religious BS.

tintinr35 wrote:

In fairness though, in such a large college with people of many different religions why are only Catholic holidays recognised? Is that not "pissing" on others' beliefs?

I agree with Seb. The religious aspect should be removed. And if not, then all religious beliefs of those in the college should be recognised.

i would imagine that the the majority of people in ucd are catholic tho....

i know lets elect a students union religion officer!!!!.....no....

i dunno im just enjoying my days off!!

tintinr35 wrote:
    i would imagine that the the majority of people in ucd are catholic tho....

I wouldn't tbh. And even if they are the "majority" it doesn't mean that the rest should be disregarded.

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I agree with peachy and seb, but the problem is you have holidays like paddys day which technically are religious holidays, but by now really actually don't have anything to do with religion, in fact paddys day has turned into more about being Irish than anything else

Blowfish wrote:
    in fact paddys day has turned into more about being Irish than anything else
    This is actually spot on.
    In Yorkshire, a disgruntled Irish ex-pat complained to the local government Ombudsman after his local council decided to hoist St. Patrick's cross instead of the Irish tricolour. He claimed that it was an insult to the Republic, and that it is accepted etiquette that on a National Patron Saint's day, it is the flag of the nation rather than that of the saint that is flown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Although I'm actually that rarity - a practising Catholic - I'd have to agree with paechy and Seb. Catholicism/ Christianity does dominate the academic calender, but I think that a lot of that is down to the fact that a Catholic holiday is given official status from the government with two public holidays. My dad's a civil servant for example, and he's off today until next Wednesday cos it's Easter. Presumably if it wasn't a long weekend nationally, the college would have less justification to close down for four days, although they still might.

As for the Catholics on campus, well, we don't get the other church days off, we just find time around lectures to go to Mass if that's what we want to do. It's not that hard to make the time off your own iniative to practise your religion if that's what you want to do, it's not necessary for everybody else to be in thrall to the Catholic calender. Just my perception of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Lets be realistic. The reason Catholicism gets so much 'air time' is because its the religion of the vast, vast majority of Irish and therefore students.
    To recognise them all would be impractical madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Its true that if we had all holidays off for all religions we wouldn't get any work done, but I think what people are saying is that the college shouldn't be brought to a complete halt, for a single religions holidays. There is actually work which I can only really do on campus, and I know its only four days, and I have other work that I can do, but I would prefer if I was able to do some of it over the long weekend.

Advertisement