Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Easter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Blowfish wrote:
    There is actually work which I can only really do on campus, and I know its only four days, and I have other work that I can do, but I would prefer if I was able to do some of it over the long weekend.
    Ditto. I spose that might've been my subconscious ulterior motive for raising the issue in the first place...:o

Ya don't have a secular education system for as long as your holidays are defined by the festivals of a religion, no matter how popular it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

SebtheBum wrote:
    Ditto. I spose that might've been my subconscious ulterior motive for raising the issue in the first place...:o

Ya don't have a secular education system for as long as your holidays are defined by the festivals of a religion, no matter how popular it may be.

You're dead right, but I'm still glad I'm off. Dying for some damn meat though, aagggghhhh, my body can't handle this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Oh I agree it should be totally secular but I recognise the logic in only celebrating catholic holidays.
    I really hate not having the library...I use it a lot. Books, case reports, articles, dictionaries, computers etc...
    I'm the guy with the big pile of books at his desk.
    The restaurant is herrible. So noisy....we can hear you downstairs ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!hope its egg-citing as last years:)

Its so nice to be home in Limerick.Its total munster fever down here about the match next week.There playing the funniest song on Limericks live 95fm in the tune to 'who the fcuk is alice' but instead of alice its leinster-leinster,leinster,who the fcuk is leinster?.The jist of it was something like 'when they hear the munster roar ,up there in D4, they'll be heading for the door'...classic!!cant wait for next weekend now-that is if i can fit into my munster rugby top after all the choccy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

panda100 wrote:
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!hope its egg-citing as last years:)

Its so nice to be home in Limerick.Its total munster fever down here about the match next week.There playing the funniest song on Limericks live 95fm in the tune to 'who the fcuk is alice' but instead of alice its leinster-leinster,leinster,who the fcuk is leinster?.The jist of it was something like 'when they hear the munster roar ,up there in D4, they'll be heading for the door'...classic!!cant wait for next weekend now-that is if i can fit into my munster rugby top after all the choccy!
    You goys are totally, loike, going down 'n shít. :) Can't wait for it myself either though...

• Advertisement

God I wish there was some way they could BOTH lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

whyyyyy...?

DaveMcG wrote:
    whyyyyy...?
    Heh, you didn't go to a rugby school did you?

Thought not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Leinster, Leinster, Leinster!

SebtheBum wrote:
    Heh, you didn't go to a rugby school did you?

Thought not.
    Nor did I... I dunno, maybe you Cockney types just don't get the tribalism of the Leinster/Munster thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

besty wrote:
    Leinster, Leinster, Leinster!
    Yep. But having said that if we get beaten I won't be too disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I seriously hope O Gara gets totally shown up. Attack that no.10 channel. Might get someone off their ass and look for a realistic replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

lol seb. Its not that you went to a rugby school. Its cos your bitter than you were (probably) forced to participate in some way or other with the rugby there (wether it be supporting or playing whatever).
    I and many others here went to rugby schools and im really looking forward to said game. That said i like(d) rugby in school :p

Btw i agree that a religous holiday is umm, whats the word, silly?
    Dont get me wrong, i realise people need days off and are entitled to x amount per year but in a multi cultural college in a multi cultural country, these days off should perhaps be just random days which have little or no importance to anyone. I also realise that there are many practicing catholics in this country and that they require(do they?) this day off but theres gotta be some compromise. I too probably have a slighyly selfish view on this. I have a group project to do in which we are having real problems. Labs with TA help are on mondays and fridays... (wednesdays too but i got a lecture at that time) and this holiday has really put a spanner in the works :p
    Dont get me wrong, i love having today and monday "off" (study days really) but its bloody inconvenient at the same time.. especially at this time of year.

Sangre wrote:
    I seriously hope O Gara gets totally shown up. Attack that no.10 channel. Might get someone off their ass and look for a realistic replacement.
    Yeah, if Contepomi plays like he did against Toulouse he's going to make a show of Rog.

Anyway, back on topic... everyone's favourite easter egg? Moro for me, I think...

Anyway, back on topic...
    Indeed.

I like chocolate ones. :D

B-K-DzR wrote:
    lol seb. Its not that you went to a rugby school. Its cos your bitter than you were (probably) forced to participate in some way or other with the rugby there (wether it be supporting or playing whatever).
    I and many others here went to rugby schools and im really looking forward to said game. That said i like(d) rugby in school :p.
    You're sh*tting me, right?
    I went to KH for the specific purpose of playing Rugby. Pretty soon I developed a deep and long-lasting loathing for those who played the game tho, insofar as that for them it wasn't (and isn't) just a sport or a game - there's a whole social side to it that is... well... completely abhorrent.

I never had a problem with Rugby.

It was just that those who made it the be-all-and-end-all were complete and utter c0cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm not really a fan of easter at all really! Like I like chocolate but for some reason I just dont like it in egg form.... I used to ask for a present instead of an egg as a child!

As a kid i always got Yorkies (its not for girls afterall) but i got a Galaxy Promises from me mom this year and it was beautiful (yes ive eaten it already :eek: ). There arent enough white chocolate Easter Eggs tho for my liking and that would probablt get my vote as favourite easter egg egg.

On a slightly other topic (which is still on topic!), did anyone used to do the "egg hunt" in town? Its where they buried a load of eggs (cant remember type) and people had to go round and find em. Think it was in stephens green? (mighta been a dutch embassy organised hunt tho as they were/are big in nl).

Pretty soon I developed a deep and long-lasting loathing for those who played the game tho, insofar as that for them it wasn't (and isn't) just a sport or a game - there's a whole social side to it that is... well... completely abhorrent.
    Fair enough i guess. Your entitled to your opinion. That said i, and many of my m8s, loved it in School and many a social event were organised as a celebration/commiseration or good luck event. Differnt strokes for different folks i guess ;)

Dont worry Seb, i still think your bang on :p

B-K-DzR wrote:
    There arent enough white chocolate Easter Eggs tho for my liking
    for my liking also...

• Advertisement

Congrats on breaking 2,000 posts Scraggs...

A packed Easter weekend of football - best thing about this holiday!
    Specially since I don't have any easter eggs and I can't be arsed walking 50 yards to the shop to get one:D There is really no end to my laziness.

SebtheEasterSloth

Scraggs wrote:
    for my liking also...
    White chocolate r t3h sux0rz, tbh.

White chocolate r t3h sux0rz, tbh.
    No wai! whyte choc is teh roxors ftw \m/

omg singingstrange you are like sooooooo outta my gang*.
    White Chocolate should have a holiday all of its own imo!
    I agree with ya there 100%. Same with christmas, loads of football on around that time :D

Well if i had a gang

SebtheBum wrote:
    Congrats on breaking 2,000 posts Scraggs...

Specially since I don't have any easter eggs and I can't be arsed walking 50 yards to the shop to get one:D There is really no end to my laziness.

SebtheEasterSloth

Oh I'm raging! I dint even notice and it wasnt even an egg-citing or memorable post!

Hey Seb I'll give ya an egg next week in college I've got loads and I dont really like em...

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I agree with ya there 100%. Same with christmas, loads of football on around that time :D
    Doesn't matter, totally irrelevant now that United have thrown the league away tonight. :(

It was all a fools hope anyway. Chelsea were never gonna throw it away (tho it was nice to dream for a while). The future for next season looks bright tho..lets just hope they (they being manu :p ) start their end of season form a lil earlier..preferably from the first game in :D

..and now i must go. I have dinner to cook.

Scraggs wrote:
    Oh I'm raging! I dint even notice and it wasnt even an egg-citing or memorable post!
    In fairness, it was...
    I've a lorra woohoos to get off my chest it really has been a Good Friday...

Someone made me a savage cd with all of 'Too Many Djs' best tracks -really great mix I'm delighted.
    I also got to play with dj decks.... I'd make a great DJ [well with A LOT of practice maybe...]
    I got to meet up with my friends that I havent seen in ages.
    I'm goin on holliers in the summer to US and free accommadation with mates on J1
    ...that post, it's a fairly chirpy one to mark the 2000th!

Scraggs wrote:
    Hey Seb I'll give ya an egg next week in college I've got loads and I dont really like em...
    Wicked!

Altho a donation towards the-shaving-of-Seb's-ample-hairiness would be even more appreciated, if that is possible! Getting all my hair shaved off by the capable (and hopefully not too vicious) boneless, on the last day of term. It's for Heart Children Ireland, a charity for Children born with congenital heart defects. Basically I'm hopin' to raise a few quid for it, and lose all my untidy hair into the bargain.

There, that's my shill-ing done for the day. Everyone contribute or else etc.

• Advertisement

SebtheBum wrote:
    Everyone contribute or else etc.
    Get PP to make a sticky for you

Advertisement