Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Easter

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yeah I'd love to donate to that.. Can I watch? oooh get a hat coz you'll be all chilly and not used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

If only mine was shoulder length to help out... not had a haircut since August but it's not really substantial enough for people to go "wow! let's give money!" and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Scraggs wrote:
    Can I watch? oooh get a hat coz you'll be all chilly and not used to it!
    Oh come on, it's April.
    Besides, I used to have a blade 1 cut all the time, it's only been for the past 3 years (ie since I came to college) that I haven't bothered my ass with shaving/cutting it.

I'm not sure where we're going to do the ritual removal of my cranial follicles just yet, but down at Lake2 is a preferred option. It's where all the drunk ppl gather on the last day of term anyway, and maybe I can scrounge some more moolah off em as well... Sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Find me in the bar on the last day of term and I'll throw some money in. I'll probably be very generous owing to the fact I'll be gee-eyed.

Fine..but if I hear ya complaining about the cold you'll only have yourself to blame :p

• Advertisement

Never heard of April showers then, Seb? :p

Anyway, g'night folks, I've got to finish an interview transcript and hit the post-election count hay... Peace out!

Peace out!
    legend....

Scraggs wrote:
    legend....
    I know you are, but what am I? ;)

well it takes one to know one!!!

anyway OT.. easter eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Scraggs wrote:
    well it takes one to know one!!!

anyway OT.. easter eh?
    Still off topic, but Scraggs why don't you just edit your 2000th post, its in the woohoo thread afterall?

• Advertisement

but thats cheating... [I actually dont have anything worthy to say even if I did!]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ooh seb, that sounds like a win win situation.
    Ill have to throw a few bob your way fo sho. Extra bobs involved if i get to witness the event :D
    (id also give you moral support :p )

How about a boards beers in aid of sebs hair loss? We'd all give money and it'd be good craic!!

Scraggs wrote:
    How about a boards beers in aid of sebs hair loss? We'd all give money and it'd be good craic!!
    Oh my god I love you and I want to have your babies... er... or words of gratitude to that effect.

Why didn't I think of that?

Me is an idioty-thingie.

Problem is that it's a bit short notice I spose - but tis worth a shot. I'll pm peachy 2mo, see what she reckons. It's a good idea tho, very much so

See I've been trying to tell ye guys that underneath all this spam there is actually some good shit occasionally!

lets be honest here scraggs. You just wanted another boards beers meet up. Be honest! Admit it!

I endorse said event btw (then again i always do if beers involved).

yeah its true I wont deny it! I love our beers theyre so much fun and I love meeting ye all to see what yer like in real life!

people are not their boards personas, its true. ;)

Right on that deeply philosophical note im gonna go to bed. Gonna be a late night tomrorow so may as well make this an early one. Have a good un whoever is left out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hell, if i get to see seb the way i remember him in school (short haired) then its worth a bit of money - and me going out to UCD :D

also i won't comment on the rugby posts up above :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

*demands beers*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:
    Wicked!

Altho a donation towards the-shaving-of-Seb's-ample-hairiness would be even more appreciated, if that is possible! Getting all my hair shaved off by the capable (and hopefully not too vicious) boneless, on the last day of term. It's for Heart Children Ireland, a charity for Children born with congenital heart defects. Basically I'm hopin' to raise a few quid for it, and lose all my untidy hair into the bargain.

There, that's my shill-ing done for the day. Everyone contribute or else etc.

NEVER! :mad:

I've told you already that I'm not going to allow you have your hair cut and if I have to destroy every scissors, razors, knifes or any other cutting mechanisms on the face of this planet then I shall do that! Your hair could cure aids, cancer and leprosy all in one go..... don't kill the hair!!!! :(

P.S. likes sound of proposed alcohol abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Should prob have the shaving of the bum in a public place. Have a few buckets and get random passers by to throw in the odd euro. Get you a bit more money for said charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

*is heartily in favor of alcohol abuse*

Re: Getting a long weekend out of it.

I'd be pretty sure that the college gives days off not because it's a religious holiday but because it's a bank holiday and they legally have to give employees the day off (or double time, or another day off of their choosing, or... some other loop hole).
    I'm sure no one who's ever worked full-time would begrudge anyone his or her bank holiday entitlements (during the summer I live for those Mondays in June and August).
    As to the issue of whether or not the government should tacitly endorse Catholicism by holding bank holidays on religious dates well... Thing about religion is (it's all made up) *ahem* most world religion follows similar calendars. Human beings like a bit of a shindig in mid-Winter (Xmas, Chanukah, Yule, Ramadan Saturnalia), in mid-Spring around the equinox (Easter, Passover, various pagan things), etc... if you want to kick up a fuss, by all means, but a day off is a day off, no one is forcing you to go to mass.

Didn't think that a Friday could be a Bank Holiday monday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

If you'll read my post you'll see that I never said it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I had a very good Good Friday... it involved a spotting scope and binoculors, a wet ar#e and a bottle of whiskey. Heaven!!!

If you'll read my post you'll see that I never said it was.
    A sorry mis-read your post. As i said before, i have no problems with bank holidays and people need their time off (i too love bank holidays, be it either for double time or a paid day off) but its so damn inconvenient at this time to have both the friday and monday off (as i said above, purely selfish reasons ;) ).

B-K-DzR wrote:
    its so damn inconvenient at this time to have both the friday and monday off (as i said above, purely selfish reasons ;) ).
    Agreed.
    irlrobins wrote:
    Should prob have the shaving of the bum in a public place. Have a few buckets and get random passers by to throw in the odd euro. Get you a bit more money for said charity.
    Well, Lake2 is a pretty public place, and it's usually choc a bloc wit ppl (well... students) on the last day of term, so it'd be my preferred venue. But if you've any suggestions I'm all ears, nothing's set in stone as yet, aside from the date.

People with buckets - good idea. Will see about procuring some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lake 2 sounds great. We could get the buckets going around campus and let people see the extent of your locks....maybe even drag some people along to watch the event.

Have the shave at lake 2, maybe try and get a few others to put their body hair on the line for charity to get a bit more cash. And boneless before you say it, No BSC (Back, sack and crack!) :p

Then after the drink runs out at the lake we could head for the traditional spot of the Porterhouse for the end of year beers.

(just a suggestion)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

All the slagging off of rugby people and our drinking, we can't help it! Some of us have been in bars since primary school days. Also, Panda, I hear O'Connell St in Limerick is all decorated for the match, Mum said it's mad at home ... raging I'm not there to enjoy the atmosphere! :mad:

Ahem, back on topic, beers sound good *more alcohol abuse* excellent idea! Bravo Scraggs! :D

Advertisement