Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else..

Options
  • 13-04-2006 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

really excited that its almost over (just took a look at the ticker sigs!)?? I cant bloody wait, I know the stress is growing steadily etc etc but I dont care at this stage, I just want to sit them and forget about them..until August at least!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

im not excited, im not fed up or panicing, im cool.

everyone hypes it up and starts opening threads about tips in whatever, who gives a toss? i havnt done anything over easter and won't until next sunday - tie up any bits and pieces. it's my policy.

holidays are HOLIDAYS, not study periods. don't let the teachers erode you. im entitled to a break just like they are. leaving cert isn't a 9-5 job, 5 days a week, but it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

smemon wrote:
    im cool.

im so tempted to make a cutting remark... but I'll be a good boy. I'm sure everyone can think of one themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

That Garret, In 6th year joes garret?

That Garret, In 6th year joes garret?

yup

Garret wrote:
    im so tempted to make a cutting remark... but I'll be a good boy. I'm sure everyone can think of one themselves

ah go on, i dare ya ;) i am cool, cool as a cuecumber :cool: :D

• Advertisement

Garret wrote:
    yup

Garret who is in mr.savages geography class? hehe, this is Philip, incase the avatar of the red guy with glasses didnt throw you off. ;)

Garret who is in mr.savages geography class? hehe, this is Philip, incase the avatar of the red guy with glasses didnt throw you off. ;)

hey howya doin man?

got that field study done?;)

nope :o Well, yeah i do, but still have to tidy it up and stuff, I'll do it before next week anyway.

come on now lads, take that awkward chit chat onto bebo. this is a leaving cert forum, not a social club. :cool:

smemon wrote:
    come on now lads, take that awkward chit chat onto bebo. this is a leaving cert forum, not a social club. :cool:

Your an idiot.

• Advertisement

Your an idiot.

its true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Psychedelik

come on now lads, take that awkward chit chat onto bebo. this is a leaving cert forum, not a social club.

I have to agree with you there smemon. I can barely use this LC forum anymore because people just seem to post in the "Leaving Cert. Random Merged blah blah blah :mad:" thread to blab on about their social lives.

"This is a Leaving Cert. forum, not a social club" - Couldn't have said it better myself.

Your an idiot.

straight through the heart. if you stick to the questions asked in the leaving cert, like you did to this thread, you'll ace it no bother :p

I have to agree with you there smemon. I can barely use this LC forum anymore because people just seem to post in the "Leaving Cert. Random Merged blah blah blah :mad:" thread to blab on about their social lives.

"This is a Leaving Cert. forum, not a social club" - Couldn't have said it better myself.

Do you idolise Smemon or something???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Smemon loves the chat, he's just a controversy starter.

Garret wrote:
    Smemon

oh please! no need to give me a capital 'S'. i know you respect me and idolize me and everything but u can just call me smemon, seen as your a close friend. :D

smemon wrote:
    seen as your a close friend. :D

seeing

Wouldn't want to do that in the English exam would you?;)

Funny man

smemon wrote:
    oh please! no need to give me a capital 'S'. i know you respect me and idolize me and everything but u can just call me smemon, seen as your a close friend. :D

Your even more of an idiot, you act like a mod, and are all like "stop going of topic" etc... and then you come out with this BS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

why dont u jus ignore him? hes not even that annoying god sake!anyway bak to topic people!cant bloody wait! i jus want to get it over and done with! and by the way mr phychedlic ur friend smemon likes to post in our random merged weekend thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

22nd of June.. both myself and a friend, different schools, finish the same time.. then the madness will start. Everyone will be finished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

smemon wrote:

Quite true, lets get back on track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Your an idiot.
    i 3rd and 4rth that....cant wait to have him serving me my big mac and fries next october when im in uni;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Hey. I'm in their glass too. Gaz and Phil it's cummins. WHo else in our school is on this? anyway. Yeah I cant wait till its over! and phil smemon is so cool you could skate on him.

NADA wrote:
    Hey. I'm in their glass too. Gaz and Phil it's cummins. WHo else in our school is on this? anyway. Yeah I cant wait till its over! and phil smemon is so cool you could skate on him.

skate? wtf cummy? if this thread was off-topic, it's really screwed the fcuk now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

My poor thread....began with the purest intentions yet reduced to this. upsetting...

dr.barbie wrote:
    My poor thread....began with the purest intentions yet reduced to this. upsetting...

poor barbie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Your an idiot.

*You'rE

that was bugging me.

Jees lads relax will ye,

yes smemon is a turnip of the highest order, but i unfortunately agree with a lot of his opinions of things..
    people take these exams waay too serious..

i just hate his method of expression, but hey, he keeps it lively..

but yes Dr., im cant wait.

we have 23 school days left i think?

bring it on.

Rockerette wrote:
    yes smemon is a turnip of the highest order, but i unfortunately agree with a lot of his opinions of things..
    people take these exams waay too serious..

i just hate his method of expression, but hey, he keeps it lively..

thanks for defending me rockerette, (wuz away for a few days der on a break wit d gf :D ) anyways i'll take over from here ;)

atm, i have no intentions of working in any fast food restaurant but never say never :D it's more likely people will be catering to my needs rather than the other way around :p

leaving cert is taken too seriously by most people here, in fact the vast majority on here. look at all the panic threads - 'how long for each question', 'only 65.876 days left to the leaving'....'im doing 17 easter revision courses over easter, even in subjects im not doing'...

it's ridiculous. tbh, for the sheer amount of time yee put in u's probably deserve 600 points or whatever yis are looking for but life doesnt hinge on these exams. you can't study for love or hapiness, buy love or hapiness nor learn it off. yet those 2 things amongst others are what all of you's crave, so why waste time on study when it could be invested in the social side of things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I also have to agree with smemon simply because his beliefs make sense.
    I mean you can study for hours on end and still **** up a subject in your LC
    simply because of pressure build up. Why this goddamm country wont modernise the secondary education system is beyond me! Continuous assesment would be much fairer because i find education in small doses very managable.
    I wouldent give a **** if a doctor didnt obtain 600 points because if he/she knows what they are doing in their field i wouldent give it a second thought. Apart from maths it is unfairly biased towards the people who prepare essays, learn load of useless pointless **** like essays, and quotes . technology/computing industries ARE the way forward for this country and this out of date ****ty excuse for education should be revamped to accomodate the student. I will never as long as i live call the LC a balenced fair all round education because you will forget
    most of the **** you learn over the two years and it wont provide you with a very deep understanding or appreciation of EDUCATION simply because it is designed for ''bookswallowers" who always consult the ''marking scheme'' for fear of losing marks. Education should be about self thought as well as theory and practical aspects and ultimatly not just about ataining 600 points in da Leavin
    Third level is much better at providing a "proper" EDUCATION.............which is far deeper than the memory hogging points race.:cool:

• Advertisement

I'm not learning off essays or working my ass off for 600 points. I'm simply doin the minimum work required to get into my course comfortably. So in that way, I agree with him somewhat

BUT, as much as I can a man I've never met, I dislike Smemon and his whole attitude.

Advertisement