Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can finally get broadband!

• 13-04-2006 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

ive been waiting to get broadband since, well ages! back when they called it i-stream and charged an arm and a leg for it. so got "hi-speed" isdn in the meantime (which ended up been about 4-5 years ).
    now my exchange has been upgraded in the last batch and i instanely checked the line tester and it passed! :p
    so ordered it straight away but needed to get someone from eircom to come out and sort out the isdn first.
    today i received the modem and all the stuff but to be safe i checked the line tester again, now it says "Pass (subject to confirmation)" ...crap.
    do i still have a reasonable chance of getting dsl? afterall they have already sent me all the eircom "goodies". the engineer is calling out thursday week. i do remember the one who installed the isdn saying i was lucky to get that as i live a reasonible (around or very close to the magic 4.5km mark) distance from the exchange. is it possible that eircom have got my hopes up to only to crush them once agian :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Well it's 5km now so you should get it ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

yeah, i heard somewhere (cant remember) that if i was over the limit it would automaticly fail the line test? is this true?

Advertisement