Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Ross Back On RAW

• 13-04-2006 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Date Added: April 13, 2006
    Story By: Niel Stephens
    - According to PWInsider.com Jim Ross is back semi-full time with the WWE as the exclusive producer of the Raw announce team. Vince McMahon remains unhappy with the job being done on Monday night's and feels that Ross may able to turn things around. Ross will also be doing some announcing and interviews from time to time. He is set to do a one on one interview with Chavo Guerrero on this coming Monday's Raw.

www.prowrestling.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Another slap in the face for Joey Styles, they should drop either the coach or the king as there are too many voices for anyone to get a flow going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Just let king or coach say all the non-match activity and let styles call the match. It's not really styles way to give an un-professional opinion about the wrestlers.
    But compared with the brilliant annoucing he gave at ONS and the way he's announcing on RAW, Vince has a reason to annoyed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The problem with the announce team is that a three-man booth is unnatural. It's too crowded and everyone tries to get their comments in. "Three's a crowd" as the saying goes.

It seems to me that Coach is the problem. He tends to stifle Joey Styles and his heel role prevents King from acting the heel which is how he works best.

They need to revert to Styles and King in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

But the 3 man announce team is very old school, and that is what they are trying to achieve. That said its not working. Maybe let Coach and Styles go it alone, as King is simply boring at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

oh god just get rid of the coach:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

leave Coach to deal with the diva search and leave the big boys commentate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Mossy Monk wrote:
    leave Coach to deal with the diva search and leave the big boys commentate

yea i like that idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If Lawler were a heel, and it was just him and Styles, I think that could work well. Styles with Coach would probably be good too, but havin the three of them when all King does is agree with Styles is pointless

I'd imagine this is good news for Styles though. In his recent interview with WWE.com, he said he learned a lot from talkin with JR about the sort of style they want from him. With JR at Raw every week, Styles would surely be happy with getting more chances to learn from him. No way are they going to replace Joey with JR for good. JR would have to retire within 10 years at least, I'd say, and then they'd be stuck with no announcer. Joey will probably be better than JR at that stage if they stick with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

leave coach alone. as i have said many times, the logic and good reasoning that coach gives is priceless.
    coach on the announce table is not the problem. king as a good guy is. maybe if king could see things the way coach sees it, straight down the middle, they could stick with what they have. making joey the sick guy (good guy), the guy who cant see logic or good reasoning like coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

coach is terrible imo. He has the kind of voice that makes it sound like he has learned his lines or somethin. I really preferred when king was swaying with the bad guys as he did it very well. same when Tazz did it. he isnt a good commentator really but both Cole and Tazz seem to be up for the fan favourites or whatever. just doesnt work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Yah I never understand why Tazz and Michael Cole are always going for the faces. What's up with Michael Cole taking a pop shot at raw everytime he has a chance... he goes on about how smackdown is the superior brand etc etc. Nobody on Raw ever mentions SD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

because somehow they think people believe both brands are competing with each other

it sounds stupid when Cole goes on about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

But they are treated as the inferior announce team. I don't think they are, but it seems as though they are, behind the scenes and everything. Cole and Tazz's radio show is worth a listen too, they're both very funny and you'd appreciate them more after hearin it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Tazz and Cole are lightyears ahead of the Raw announce team. They really work well together and the radio show that they did is really entertaining. Micheal Cole is completely different than they way he's portrayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Tazz and Cole are lightyears ahead of the Raw announce team. They really work well together and the radio show that they did is really entertaining. Micheal Cole is completely different than they way he's portrayed.

can i have a link????

i actually enjoy tazz and micheal cole's announcing....it's tooo cluttered on raw and atimes i have to turn down the sound....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'll have a look for you. I have a copy of one show and if I figure out how to put it on yousend (which could take a while!) I'll Pm you.

A little Michel Cole fact from the show: He has 9 tatoos all over his body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

it is true what elvis2002 and mossy monk say (and i guess we all agree) that cole having a go at raw sounds stupid.
    BUT last nights raw should prove to everyone how talented the coach really is. coach is the man.

Advertisement