Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Charges

• 13-04-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on a KLE 500 at the moment, but have a long commute, which in turn means that I have to get it serviced between every six to eight weeks. A basic service usually costs me about E200. I just wondering what do others pay and has anyone got any suggestions on a good bike shop to get it serviced.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Would you be confident enough to do it yourself? Oil & filter change, sparkplugs, checking brakes etc. are all quite straightforward with the help of a workshop manual.....Save yourself a bit of cash, and get that satisfied feeling! You could do the minor ones yourself and leave the major services to the dealer, possibly save yourself 100 euro a go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Cheers mate, I would'nt really feel confident doing it myself, but your right. May its time to start getting my hands dirty, with the help of a haynes manual. I suppose the only way to get confident is to start doing. The only thing I do myself at the moment is to adjust the chain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

find a friend who can show you the ropes. the father showed me all i know so i get him to do it when he's free :P

Advertisement