Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Youth Cup Final

• 13-04-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

I remember posting this last year when a certain Mr. Walcott was playing and getting a whopping 0 replies.

Hopefully it will be different this time around.

The first leg is live on Sky at 19.45, its Liverpool vs Man City at Anfield tonight.

Here are the highlights of the competition so far.

Liverpool Pen-Pics:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152052060413-1531.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

is there anyone worth watching out for like another Mr. Walcott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm not familiar with either side this year, knew quite a few last year though. Southampton's David McGoldrick is certainly one for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

is there anyone worth watching out for like another Mr. Walcott

the 2 main prospects in the liverpool team are jack hobbs (central defender) and paul anderson (right winger). anderson got onto the bench for the benfica champions league game. ive only seen a handfull of the reserve teams games and some highlights, anderson stands out though.

oh and adam hammil too

I remember seeing Hammill scoring a cracker at Anfield for the youth/reserve team now that you mention it. I'll have a look for the link now.

Here it is:

http://yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=ch05_0506_carlisle_home_fayc_goal1_high__wmr__4_.wmv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

yeah, top goal alright. hammil might be the best of the group, he's been at the acadamy for a good few years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Goal for Liverpool...18mins great corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Liverpool score again to make it 2-0 Flynn with a very good finish slotted into the far corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Great result. The highlight of the game, for me, being Anderson hitting the bar with a side bicycle/scissorskick...if only it went in:( I thought the Man City goalie was good too, despite conceeding 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The Anderson kid looked very impressive. definately one to watch for the future :) the bicycle kick was struck so well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

12,000 turned up! :eek:

Liverpools youth team is full of future stars, no question. Rafa was watching and so was Stuart Pearce (I know things are thin at City right now, but...!)

Liverpool:
    Roberts, Roberts(c), Threlfall, Hobbs, Antwi, Barnett, Barnett, Flynn, Lindfield, Anderson, Hammill.

Subs:
    Roque, Mimms, Ryan, Spearing, Nardiello

Anderson, Hobbs and Hammill will be first team players in the next year if they don't get impatient/nicked. Add in guys who are a little older like Calliste and Barragan and the futures Red.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

the future is definately bright with the liverpool reserves and the under 18 side.

Anderson looks like a terrific option to the right side of midfield.Throw in hobbs and then the young spaniards. OH did i mention adam hamill the best of the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not going to get too excited about them. They look good but still along way to go. THere was a few young players at Liverpool under ged who people thought had a chance of making the grade but didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Not going to get too excited about them. They look good but still along way to go. THere was a few young players at Liverpool under ged who people thought had a chance of making the grade but didnt.
    We've only won this competition once before and that team produced Carra and Owen - not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Anderson looks a great prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

When is the 2nd leg on ?

Next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

To be honest I cant see Ramon Calliste making the grade. think it was a gamble that Rafa took. Basically had nothing to lose. He had just been let go by United and was looking for a club.

Adam Hamill, he's an interesting one. Really needs to knuckle down on his defensive work and his team play if he is to make the grade. And especially with Rafa's form of play.

Barrett and Barnet look great prospects aswell.. And its been well documented on here about the quality of Paul Anderson already.. I will be interested what age the right winger Rafa brings in in the summer. I have a feeling he may go for a 30 odd year old with a year or two left at the highest level with the view of Paul Anderson breaking through next year or the year after..

All together though things look excellent at the club. Antwi was outstanding as was Hobbs. Showed there inexperience at times but thats fine. They are both only 17.

Honestly I can see about 6 of that side pushing for the first team in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sturridge - Man City, and Craig Lindfield and Paul Anderson for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Sajan wrote:
    Barrett and Barnet look great prospects aswell.. And its been well documented on here about the quality of Paul Anderson already.. I will be interested what age the right winger Rafa brings in in the summer. I have a feeling he may go for a 30 odd year old with a year or two left at the highest level with the view of Paul Anderson breaking through next year or the year after..
    Efforts to sign Figo last summer would agree with that opinion :)

Sajan wrote:
    To be honest I cant see Ramon Calliste making the grade.
    Agreed. Any reports I've read or highlights I've seen makes him look like Cisse in disguise i.e. bags of pace but .......

• Advertisement

City winning 1-0 ; a class goal by Sturridge

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

mike65 wrote:
    12,000 turned up! :eek:

Liverpools youth team is full of future stars, no question. Rafa was watching and so was Stuart Pearce (I know things are thin at City right now, but...!)

Liverpool:
    Roberts, Roberts(c), Threlfall, Hobbs, Antwi, Barnett, Barnett, Flynn, Lindfield, Anderson, Hammill.

Subs:
    Roque, Mimms, Ryan, Spearing, Nardiello

Anderson, Hobbs and Hammill will be first team players in the next year if they don't get impatient/nicked. Add in guys who are a little older like Calliste and Barragan and the futures Red.

Mike.
    Emmanuel Antwi...?

Good thing every team has such outstanding young players!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good fightback by Man City winning 2-0 on the night but not enough. Pool not doing much going fowards and City with lots of posession.

Hopefully another pic like this tomorrow!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Be nice to see how Benitez will bring these players through, especially some of the local boys.

Advertisement